Preload vs unload

Cris

Unloading is way easier, bro.. less stress and pressure as all you have to do is literally throw the packages onto a conveyor belt and keep it moving. I'll tell you, though, there's still gonna be a supervisor on your ass occasionally telling you to work faster but much less so than as a preloader. It's an easy job man, just don't let the sight of all the boxes on that truck and realizing you have to unload them scare you.. just like preloading, eventually, it'll be over.
Thank you I appreciate the advice. I met the supervisor for the unload already he was there for my second interview seems say more chill. I think I'll be good just gonna try my best and see how it goes

Box Ox

Luckily, I was told I don't have to work with her anymore and they're moving me to the unload to see if I'd fit better there.

That was where they put the guys who didn't have the mental horesepower to stop misloading when I was a preloader. Unload might seem simple but pulling out up to 150 pounders from trailer after trailer every day really wore most of them down.

You'd probably do fine loading 3 PCs once you get used to it and the job becomes automatic. Sups might even pull up a 4th PC for you on heavy days or if someone doesn't come in.

Box Ox

Any advice will do cause I'm starting to hate that place already.

I'm pretty sure everybody hates the place when just starting out. Body and mind have to adjust and the benefits haven't kicked in. I wondered what I was doing there every day when I started out.

illegalcourier

It's normal to load 3 trucks at approx 900 pkgs (or more) every day. It takes about 4 months to become proficient at preload. Your brain is learning a new activity and you'll start having dreams about your job.

Unload is less stressful, but equally physically taxing. You basically unload p/u volume from the delivery trucks at night.

Do whatever your schedule allows and move up if you can. Can't load trucks for the rest of your life.

Anthonysg0113

It's normal to load 3 trucks at approx 900 pkgs (or more) every day. It takes about 4 months to become proficient at preload. Your brain is learning a new activity and you'll start having dreams about your job.

Unload is less stressful, but equally physically taxing. You basically unload p/u volume from the delivery trucks at night.

Do whatever your schedule allows and move up if you can. Can't load trucks for the rest of your life.
Friday was rough, I had dreams last night of delivering the same two boxes for hours!! Lol! It never stops!

illegalcourier

Friday was rough, I had dreams last night of delivering the same two boxes for hours!! Lol! It never stops!
Haha..pretty sure everyone at UPS has had dreams about their job. Whether it's in unload, preload, driving, FDR. UPS functions very mechanically and systematically. The hubs operate like a computer and our daily tasks are basically cogs in a machine!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hidden footage of working conditions there: Looks pretty Bad!

G6Q20K.gif

bfeather

Like mentioned earlier, unload and twilight are much easier. Another thing you have to make sure not to do is throw packages; hand to surface is what they want.

HardknocksUPSer

I remember when I was hired seasonal and everyone on the forum gave me hell. Most said I wouldn't be around after peak, 2 years later I'm still here, relax dude jerk up on it and work your ass off to the best of your ability and forget the rest.

Link504

I have to load a mall route that takes three trucks with 1000 pkgs along with two others that are 400-500 each. And since I'm at the end of the belt, my sup will pull me to load the trucks that had no one on them all day meanwhile all my pkgs are just piling up at the end of the belt. Whenever the new guys come in and start complaining about how "hard" their two trucks are with 500 pkgs total I want to punch them in throat