22.4 Double Shifting

Staydryitsraining

Follow the contract. It says 8 in a row. Demand your 8 in a row if the company says no double shift, file a grievance on it. If your BA tries and talks you out of it tell them you want it pushed to panel, not the center level and not the local level, the panel level. Until then make sure your the last one on whatever warehouse shift your working, and file every single second a supervisor works. File a grievance every single day your not getting 8 straight hours, if your BA says you don't need to, file every single day anyway, tell whoever your friends with to do the same thing. There is nothing else you can do. Keep in mind the company has a pretty good idea that if they force 22.4s to double shift many won't do it because of the hassle it creates. They are trying to starve the 22.4s.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Follow the contract. It says 8 in a row. Demand your 8 in a row if the company says no double shift, file a grievance on it. If your BA tries and talks you out of it tell them you want it pushed to panel, not the center level and not the local level, the panel level. Until then make sure your the last one on whatever warehouse shift your working, and file every single second a supervisor works. File a grievance every single day your not getting 8 straight hours, if your BA says you don't need to, file every single day anyway, tell whoever your friends with to do the same thing. There is nothing else you can do. Keep in mind the company has a pretty good idea that if they force 22.4s to double shift many won't do it because of the hassle it creates. They are trying to starve the 22.4s.
They aren't trying to starve them, there is no work to starve them, they have too many 22.4s, economy is getting worse and is going bad

Thebrownblob

They aren't trying to starve them, there is no work to starve them, they have too many 22.4s, economy is getting worse and is going bad
There’s plenty of work for most 22.4’s. The difference is the company wants to cut routes to make their numbers look better.

You can’t say it’s about money because this 22.4’s are mostly still working in the building and making their same wage UPS is just playing a shell game.

DOK

I’m not refusing to work but the contract clearly states I’m guaranteed 8 consecutive hours, if they don’t find me work that is a grievance to pay me out the rest of the time. There’s nothing in my supplemental or national contract that says I have to split shifts. That’s not ideal at all, no other classification does that afaik and I still drive on Saturday? Lol. I will show up to twilight shift on Tuesday at 2pm and expect to clock out at 10 pm.
They’ve done away with most of the 22.4 positions in our building, there used to be 8, I believe there’s only 2 now.

GodlikeRage

You may not have a choice.
It’s not about my choice, we abide by a contract. Everyone knows 8 hours is not likely to happen in one sort, especially everyday and when it’s guaranteed but it’s clearly still written in the contract that I have to get that. It doesn’t say 8 hours driving only, split shift 8 hours etc, it says 8 hours. 8 hours is 8 hours. Anything less is a violation of the contract.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
There’s plenty of work for most 22.4’s. The difference is the company wants to cut routes to make their numbers look better.

You can’t say it’s about money because this 22.4’s are mostly still working in the building and making their same wage UPS is just playing a shell game.
Economy is crashing, we have drivers back in r building loading trucks, that's how low r volume is

Thebrownblob

But you are looking in the past, opposed to the future and if it was 100 billion and goes down to 80 billion, then that means volume is down
There’s gonna be a lot of upset people if the new contract gets rid of the 22.4 position and they get laid off and realize they’re going to lose money working in the building.