22.4 Double Shifting

PT Car Washer

I don’t know it doesn’t seem like many vote at all. But you won’t have to worry about it because a sell out contract will not be offered up for a vote.
How about keeping 22.4 but reducing progression to 90 days for all Union members? Along with Holiday pay and healthcare? Let's start rolling back 40 years of concessions. With huge turnover it would not really cost the company that much and maybe a few more good employees would stay longer.

Thebrownblob

How about keeping 22.4 but reducing progression to 90 days for all Union members? Along with Holiday pay and healthcare? Let's start rolling back 40 years of concessions. With huge turnover it would not really cost the company that much and maybe a few more good employees would stay longer.
How about we get rid of the 22.4 and lower the years of progression I’m good with 90 days if we can get it. I’ve been here since 1991 and I don’t ever remember getting holidays paid until your first year. I’m with you on the healthcare after 30 or 90 days.

PT Car Washer

How about we get rid of the 22.4 and lower the years of progression I’m good with 90 days if we can get it. I’ve been here since 1991 and I don’t ever remember getting holidays paid until your first year. I’m with you on the healthcare after 30 or 90 days.
That would be a huge Union win for all members. Equal pay and benefits for equal work.

charm299

Just want to know my rights as a 22.4 combination driver and that I'm understanding the current UPS National Master Contract Article 22 Section 4b and all that apply for potential grievances. I am located in the southern supplemental region. We've been told volume has been down in our hub and all 22.4s have been told to report to preload and local sort "to get our 8 hours". I have no problem working the warehouse, I'll retain my drivers pay rate for everything I do, but I want my 8 hours on one sort, one shift.

I live 45 minutes away from the hub and to drive there at 3 am and leave at 9 to come back again at 4 pm and leave again at 9 just to come back again early in the morning is ridiculous. I've never even done preload, came from local sort so I am definitely not used to waking up that early. The company shall be entitled to establish up to a one-and-one-half hour (1.5) gap between jobs in a workday. Preload ends at 9 am and local sort starts at 4, that is 7 hours in between shifts. The contract also states we are guaranteed 8 straight consecutive hours, any "Lay off" language pretty much will never apply to us as we are a combination position and until every single part timer in that building is laid off first or work in the warehouse slows down to a point where there's not even enough work for RPCD's and some of those guys start taking the work. This language supersedes any supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject.
I thought the title said 22.4s get double fisted

GodlikeRage

Yes, this.

PT Car Washer

He means having full scale drivers work preload.
We already have full scale delivery drivers working preload and also car wash. While cutting back on PT Union members and 22.4. I don't get it except to scare younger members to take the first offer. Amazing how after the contract settlement everyone is working again.

GameCockFan

All 22.4 will be converted to RPCD. The union will not settle to just throw them back in the building especially when the top rate 22.4’s make 2x what a part time preloader makes. If they get pushed back into the building they should make overtime rate after 5 hours.
Here you make what the top part timer makes. We have a guy with 25+ years. So pay for inside/RCPD is still $30+

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We already have full scale delivery drivers working preload and also car wash. While cutting back on PT Union members and 22.4. I don't get it except to scare younger members to take the first offer. Amazing how after the contract settlement everyone is working again.
Honestly it's hard to have their mindset when I've spent a good number of years expecting the worst from the company and saving accordingly. I already saw a buddy get canned on a BS "last chance" agreement a few years before. I could go 4 years without a paycheck if need be.