preloader getting tips from drivers

whome

so 3 of my drivers have tipped me already.$135 in total.so my question is is it common courtesy for me to do something for them ass well?

blue efficacy

I would just say "thank you." They are showing their appreciation for you, you probably do a good job and make their work day easier if they are giving you money like that. They make 32 bux an hour, you don't unless you are a fossil preloader. You work very hard for low pay and the drivers (rightfully) appreciate that.

nineyearsUGH

Not more than a sincere thank you. Consider it a tip for good service. Does the restaurant server give you a present after you leave a tip?

packageguy

so 3 of my drivers have tipped me already.$135 in total.so my question is is it common courtesy for me to do something for them ass well?

$135.00 from three drivers, that's good, but if you were a great loader, $150.00 per driver, something to think about...

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If I tipped every loader I have throughout the year, I'd have to apply for public assistance. Not all of us work in the Bu.....(an elite center).......

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I tell my loader every morning how much i appreciate his efforts and about once a week bring him Mickey D's or Dunkin Donuts. Christmas i give him cash and a carton of ciggs. What he does for me is give me a great load everyday and makes my life easier

OptimusPrime

I tell my loader every morning how much i appreciate his efforts and about once a week bring him Mickey D's or Dunkin Donuts. Christmas i give him cash and a carton of ciggs. What he does for me is give me a great load everyday and makes my life easier

You know what I got for Christmas? Oh, it was a banner ****ing year at the old Bender family. I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said, "Hey, smoke up Johnny."

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm thinking about getting my preloader these nice counting flash cards. Lord knows he needs to learn the order of numbers.

numbers-419x248.jpg

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Is there a better way to load the car than the basic instructions? They're pretty easy to follow.
Keep addresses together. If you have a split that has 7 packages on shelf whatever, put them on the floor for Gods sake. Keep stuff together and don't cram resi's on top of the other packages so they fall off the shelf. Ask your driver, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to give you some pointers.

laffter

don't cram resi's on top of the other packages so they fall off the shelf

So you want half of the load to be piled up on the floor at the end of the morning?
If you do it right, they won't fall off.

The other day I crammed 480 pieces onto whatever size package car is the smallest these days. I fit everything onto/under those damn shelves except miscellaneous larger packages, a bulk stop, and irregs. It was a nightmare for the driver, but everything was where it was supposed to be, and it could have been a lot worse if he had a loader who didn't give a damn. There's only so much a loader can do when presented with a situation like that.

Anyway, last peak I didn't get any tips. One of my drivers was mexican and the other bitched every morning about his route... so he wasn't the type to tip anyone.

This year, the driver I've been helping is going to tip me. I hope at least one of the drivers I load for does too.

midwest brown

1 of my 4 drivers gave me 40. I thanked him twice. Once when I got it and after I clocked out I went to him again and thanked him one more time.