Preloader hours

Gandostar

Iv'e been working at UPS for a couple weeks on the morning shift, i'm supposed to call in to see when i start and was told i start at 1:45 AM? is this normal?

AndUPSER

That seems pretty extreme. Here, and most places I think, preload starts at 4:00. I have heard of 3:00 and 5:00 start times on some buildings.

1:45 seems really early. Did a supervisor tell you this?

Gandostar

That seems pretty extreme. Here, and most places I think, preload starts at 4:00. I have heard of 3:00 and 5:00 start times on some buildings.

1:45 seems really early. Did a supervisor tell you this?
no one mentioned this to me, i'm supposed to call in on Mondays and Fridays to find out my start time, and i get 1:45 AM

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Was there some kind of service issue on Friday? Or University starting this week? We always get a huge jump in volume initially when school starts

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

Is that for Mondays only? Mondays could be early because all loads are already at the building and preload can go full bore without having to wait for anything.

Or, you could be there to prehit the cars to give preload a head start.

If management told you to be there, I'd probably want to be there at that time.

barnyard

KTM rider
What difference does it make??? You called in and were told a start time. You'll get paid for that time, so show up.

FFS

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What difference does it make??? You called in and were told a start time. You'll get paid for that time, so show up.

FFS
Not necessarily. If they aren't seniority employees, they can be sent home. Monday and Friday are extremely light days on our preload and we often have been wrapping before 8:15am; occassionally the new-hires have been sent home.

llamainmypocket

Iv'e been working at UPS for a couple weeks on the morning shift, i'm supposed to call in to see when i start and was told i start at 1:45 AM? is this normal?

What's normal may vary from hub to hub. At my hub for monday it is normal to start anytime from 1 to 1:45. In fact, at the beginning of the year we sometimes started at 11pm sunday night.

fres431

What's normal may vary from hub to hub. At my hub for monday it is normal to start anytime from 1 to 1:45. In fact, at the beginning of the year we sometimes started at 11pm sunday night.
When ya start that Sunday you got paid time and half for that whole shift on Monday right?

laffter

I'm not sure what the confusion is. You called, management answered. If you want to double-check, call them back and ask for clarification (too late at this point). This is not the right place to ask about managerial decisions as they never make sense anyway.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
When ya start that Sunday you got paid time and half for that whole shift on Monday right?
Sunday is not a 6th punch. It is the start of the week. The week is Sunday through Saturday. He punches in on Sunday, the first punch. Then Tuesday through Friday.