Preloaders/unloaders/PT drivers, are/did you work another part time?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
A few of the girls who worked part time at are building were strippers on the side. They needed the health insurance. How ironic.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I have asked, everyone on my belt does security or stay home dad. At my hub, people just don't talk to people from other belts

I'm just looking for more options other than security
What you do is put applications in at places and in the interview or if their going to hire you explain the situation to them. Most places will attempted to work with you if you have good qualifications. I worked at speedway for while has a part time job.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have asked, everyone on my belt does security or stay home dad. At my hub, people just don't talk to people from other belts

I'm just looking for more options other than security
People just don't talk to people from other belts.

image.gif

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
People just don't talk to people from other belts.

image-gif.75732
I wouldn't doubt he is far off. I know our preload is like a cone of silence. Nobody talks to each other. The other day I had a preloader ask me what another guy's name was. They'd worked together for almost 6 months. It's one thing in a hub. It's another when there are less than 20 people on the belt.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I wouldn't doubt he is far off. I know our preload is like a cone of silence. Nobody talks to each other. The other day I had a preloader ask me what another guy's name was. They'd worked together for almost 6 months. It's one thing in a hub. It's another when there are less than 20 people on the belt.
Yeah but what's stopping them?

Nothing.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Seriously, in a HUB like ours people are in cliques. It's like being in high school. Even our two centers are 40 yards apart and drivers from each center barely talk to each other. Even when I switched centers I would go back over and try to talk to drivers there and they would say, "go back to your center, traitor." Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Seriously, in a HUB like ours people are in cliques. It's like being in high school. Even our two centers are 40 yards apart and drivers from each center barely talk to each other. Even when I switched centers I would go back over and try to talk to drivers there and they would say, "go back to your center, traitor." Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

More sad than ridiculous.

When we move to our new building, we were split into two centers. Everybody still talked to everybody. After the strike, they closed a satellite center and moved them into or building. Even though some people lost some seniority, we all still got along.

J

jibbs

[i hate it when I drunkenly post something, immediately regret it and then rediscover that I don't know where the delete post button's at]

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I've been working as a preloader for half a year now. Looking to become a driver someday but in the meantime, I'm looking for another part time I can do. What are you guys currently doing or have done before you became a driver?
Billing, warehouse work, lawn work, whatever to keep my family fed. Sometimes you just have to be a man and do things you don't want to do.