Prerecord

Dr.Brownz

So you are saying that when I deliver to my one address Walmart to six different locations without suites - that when I have a multi-floor building address where I have to deliver to four different suites - that when I deliver to a business but it has two separate companies with different entrances and I deliver the two different stops...

That I end up on a stealing time report? This happens every single day.

Yeah I just sheeted three bussinesss with the same address and have done so everyday this week and everyother time I cover this route and nothing is ever said actually there are two sets of stops like that

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you are saying that when I deliver to my one address Walmart to six different locations without suites - that when I have a multi-floor building address where I have to deliver to four different suites - that when I deliver to a business but it has two separate companies with different entrances and I deliver the two different stops...

That I end up on a stealing time report? This happens every single day.

No. What I am saying is if you deliver to the receiving dock at Walmart and find another one for them and go back within a half hour you need to use dup stop.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Wow that must be why our dispatches are so friend ed ; no time studies in 7 years and half the areas use the same unit code, many of these areas werent even built 2 years ago; had 195 stops yesterday and they told me that was a 8 and a half dispatch and I was 3 hours over lol
Get your onroad out there to do the route and they would probably be 4 hours over..lol

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If I have to go back because it was my fault----absolutely.

If I have to go back because my preloader misloaded it in the car-----second stop.
I remember when they use to let us do this a few years back but not anymore....I have to go back to 4 or 5 stops a day because I can't find a package or two on this bs industrial route I have...If I start taking extra stops for going back you think that ups won't care?? I totally agree with you, I should get an extra stop but this could get someone in hot water.i really don't care about using dup or allowance ymmv. .

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If I have to go back because it was my fault----absolutely.

If I have to go back because my preloader misloaded it in the car-----second stop.
How about this. .I have a business that moved to another location on my route , if I find a package for them with the old address and I have already been there do I get to take an extra stop for it if I went back..would you??

ArcherUTR

How about this. .I have a business that moved to another location on my route , if I find a package for them with the old address and I have already been there do I get to take an extra stop for it if I went back..would you??
Sheet the stop up as moved and give it to the clerk in the evening, if you are worried about doing the right thing.

BostonBo

I check the office button if they're not home, but write "if open" next to it. Covers me either way, since I left an info notice at each stop.

BrownTexas

I am glad you asked. :biggrin:

After one of the diad 5 software updates, the "soft keys" became more sensitive.

There were numerous issues.... with NDA's in prerecord.

No fault of the driver.

The "way" to get around this;

While the stop is still in prerecord, you tag it as "Left at" commercial.

Then, hit signature. And (with the stylus) Print receiver.

Clarify the signature, by typing receiver.

Enter.... stop complete.... and location.

No late air.

While the stop is still in prerecord, it holds the time.

If you open the stop, it changes the time.

Imagine.... all the other things.... management doesn't tell you.

-Bug-
Putting anything in the signature screen is an act of dishonesty and grounds for immediate termination. If they said you only delivered 5 and the screen says 6, they have no way to prove you left 6 since there was no signature for the packages. Good way to get a few weeks of vacation with no pay.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I can talk my way out of late air. I'm pretty sure I can't talk my way out of your example.
How long before someone gets fired over this? I run my air on time and sleep just fine at night. Just because mgmt showed you how to do it doesnt mean it's right to cheat customers .

Since you both have quoted my post, and then commented on it....

Maybe, you should read it.... and try to grasp the totality of it.

The airs were delivered on time, and accidentally wound up in prerecord.

In an effort (for management) to cover their butt, instructed the drivers how to deal with it.

Life in the big city. :biggrin:

-Bug-

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Wow that must be why our dispatches are so friend ed ; no time studies in 7 years and half the areas use the same unit code, many of these areas werent even built 2 years ago; had 195 stops yesterday and they told me that was a 8 and a half dispatch and I was 3 hours over lol
Why care about the time studies,or being 'over'? I leave that crap to those who get paid to worry about it.I get paid to work safely and by the methods.If I go over 9.5 three days out of five I file and get paid regardless of what the "numbers" say.
The only numbers i concern myself with are the numbers on my paycheck