Prerecord

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why care about the time studies,or being 'over'? I leave that crap to those who get paid to worry about it.I get paid to work safely and by the methods.If I go over 9.5 three days out of five I file and get paid regardless of what the "numbers" say.
The only numbers i concern myself with are the numbers on my paycheck
I don't concern myself with the numbers on my paycheck. The wife does though.

ArcherUTR

Since you both have quoted my post, and then commented on it....

Maybe, you should read it.... and try to grasp the totality of it.

The airs were delivered on time, and accidentally wound up in prerecord.

In an effort (for management) to cover their butt, instructed the drivers how to deal with it.

Life in the big city. :biggrin:

-Bug-

This also has nothing to do with a DIAD V software loophole issue. You could've accidentally done this on a DIAD III. It's the exact same thing.

However there was no GPS tracking in the DIAD III. But they have been able to prove this kind of GPS stuff for the past four years or so ever since we got the DIAD IV.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
If you are using the 'dup' button then you are only getting 7 seconds per package. I don't know if there is a time allowance difference between a delivery and a not in. But yes, you would get 7 extra seconds for each package that you took to the office. You get no extra credit for stops.

If you are getting individual signatures for each apartment that was not in while at the office you are either severely under trained, an idiot, or stealing time. And if you are doing this one signature at a time after individually Not In-ing each stop while at the individual apartment...I've got no more words.
Who gives a flying friend about there "time allowances" or there imaginary "numbers". Looks like some one has been drinking too much kool aid. Here's a hint fom an over 20 year vet, ignore there numbers. Pay them absolutely no attention , laugh at people w ho look and care about them,you will thank me later.

ArcherUTR

I would like realistic dispatches so that I can get in and get out and perform an honest days work so that I can go home and see my family.

I don't want to to have to talk to any management in the morning and I don't want to have to talk to any management in the evening. I just want to get home to my family at a reasonable time before the kids are asleep. I'm tired of filing 9.5 hour grievances for eleven hour days in addition to the almost hour and a half it takes to get to and from work.

If you can't empathize with that and instead choose to scoff and laugh, then that is just who you are and where you are in life. And that's cool too.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
It's not "cheating" because of a flaw, with the diad 5 software.

Right ?

When management, shows you how to do it.... What's that called ?

Is it an integrity issue with management ?

Or.... Are management people, just so gutless.... they can't say it's wrong ?

-Bug-

Of course it's an integrity issue. Tell you the 'trick', until a customer is waiting for a specific package and it gets delivered after 10:30, then calls in a complaint. Suddenly, management gets out there 15 foot pole and starts pushing away the driver.

Management with a million heads, they call it. Too many chiefs and not enough indians, is what we used to call it.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I'm not saying that what you described is stealing time, all I was saying is that you are only gaining 7 seconds per package.

I was separately speaking of drivers NI each door and then going to the office with those packages and getting an individual signature on each stop from the same management person.

Why do you care how many seconds you get? That's a game no one on our side has ever won. That's because you're not supposed to be playing.

ArcherUTR

I'm explaining facts, that is all. I like to understand as much about life and the way that it works. Math is something I was not very good at as a teenager. I was forced to up my game severely in college.

Logistics and time allowances are math. I would like to understand the equations as much as possible. It is interesting to me.

If it is not to you, that's completely understandable.

(caveat, I was told by an IE guy doing my ORION OJS that every package is 7 seconds. If you 'DUP' a stop your stop count does not go up, but your package count does. Same thing for sheeting up missed packages. So 7 seconds is what I was told and have heard, but I do not know this as a proven fact.)

(side note - funny story about IE OJS guy ride...actually probably too self-identifying. Better not to tell.)

Last edited:

Dr.Brownz

Why care about the time studies,or being 'over'? I leave that crap to those who get paid to worry about it.I get paid to work safely and by the methods.If I go over 9.5 three days out of five I file and get paid regardless of what the "numbers" say.
The only numbers i concern myself with are the numbers on my paycheck

yeah currently they are playing the load everyone up 2 days out of the week game.

BostonBo

Well, file the "piling on" grievance then. They just paid a bunch of 9.5 grievances so now they're cracking down on performance issues.

10 point

This also has nothing to do with a DIAD V software loophole issue. You could've accidentally done this on a DIAD III. It's the exact same thing.

However there was no GPS tracking in the DIAD III. But they have been able to prove this kind of GPS stuff for the past four years or so ever since we got the DIAD IV.
They could assess it on the old sparks program (proximity stops).

Our past center manager said they took the time allotment away from the driver when he uses the Left At function, getting one signature for multiple stops.
Not sure if he was lying but it's a possibility either way.