Prerecord

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So you have to go back, knock, re-scan and have the cust sign again?
You are able to find the complete tracking number under details if you wanted to write it down and use that to redo the stop instead of driving back and knocking. But know you would be subject to the browncafe integrity guidelines and rightfully so.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
This also has nothing to do with a DIAD V software loophole issue. You could've accidentally done this on a DIAD III. It's the exact same thing.

However there was no GPS tracking in the DIAD III. But they have been able to prove this kind of GPS stuff for the past four years or so ever since we got the DIAD IV.

You still don't understand my point, so I'll leave it at that.

Of course it's an integrity issue. Tell you the 'trick', until a customer is waiting for a specific package and it gets delivered after 10:30, then calls in a complaint.

Just to reiterate my point, again.... the NDA's were delivered on time.

-Bug-

ArcherUTR

I just tell them, computer failure, somehow I lost it. Never had a problem, usually happens on the turn around back to the truck.

Yeah, you should know before you ever start up the truck that you made an error. Just go back to the door and do it over again the right way. Void out the previous error.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yeah, you should know before you ever start up the truck that you made an error. Just go back to the door and do it over again the right way. Void out the previous error.
Either that or get fired for a late air, LOL. Its easy to do when you run commercial all day, then get in your resi with a sig req.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You won't get fired for a data entry error.
It shows up as late air, you have the power to fix it, you will get a letter. Yes you would not get fired, for one, but why give them fuel? And get hammered for the mistake. Now if the edit key would work, and that would make sense, it is quickly correctable, but they removed that feature. Ever wonder why?

ArcherUTR

Yeah, why can we not edit after the fact that something was a resi instead of comm, or that we MCM if someone opens the door as we are climbing back into our truck.

It's asinine.

By The Book

It shows up as late air, you have the power to fix it, you will get a letter. Yes you would not get fired, for one, but why give them fuel? And get hammered for the mistake. Now if the edit key would work, and that would make sense, it is quickly correctable, but they removed that feature. Ever wonder why?
In EDD, can you not hit escape delivery edit and void the stop then resheet(not as dup)., when you realize you hit the wrong key fixing it while your close to the door?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If you cannot rescan it you have to go into edit and write it down. If you have to do that then you are probably screwed on getting another sig also. That can happen.....

oldngray

nowhere special
If you cannot rescan it you have to go into edit and write it down. If you have to do that then you are probably screwed on getting another sig also. That can happen.....

Even if you record it again it will show up on another report. It just won't show up on the late report. Everything shows up on multiple reports.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They removed edit to provide complete transparency. Even though you void and resheet the "late" air it will still show in our internal tracking system. The void and resheet will not show in the tracking available to the public if done within a specified period of time, which I believe is 30 minutes.

ArcherUTR

She is pressing the edit button while the package is highlighted So that she can write down the full tracking number. You can still use this function?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Then I didn't understand your post.

You cannot edit a stop once it has been completed; however, you can use the edit button to get the 1Z, which you would then write down. You would void the stop and resheet it (using the 1z yiu just wrote down) and then completing the stop, making sure to hit 1 rather than 2.

ArcherUTR

They removed edit to provide complete transparency.
I understand the process of how to void out and correct a late residential next day air saver. I also understand how to get a tracking number for package that is out of my possession and has already been delivered.

I just don't understand what the above statement means. Did you used to be able to edit things? What kind of things could you edit?