President Biden

fishtm2001

You can feel it building - resentment. Folks are not pleased with higher gas and food prices, mask-wearing virtue signaling, race-baiting, violent crime, inflation, border chaos and cancel culture.

THEY ARE NOT HAPPY!

But the disenchantment is muted because the corporate media is largely covering it up. Not talking about it. Neglecting to inform the people.

Instead, they talk about Trump’s pants.
nice Fox talking points

It will be fine

You can feel it building - resentment. Folks are not pleased with higher gas and food prices, mask-wearing virtue signaling, race-baiting, violent crime, inflation, border chaos and cancel culture.

THEY ARE NOT HAPPY!

But the disenchantment is muted because the corporate media is largely covering it up. Not talking about it. Neglecting to inform the people.

Instead, they talk about Trump’s pants.
That’s only what it seems like in your Facebook feed. In reality everything is getting better.

fishtm2001

Consumer prices increased 5% for the year ending May, according to a report released on Thursday by the Department of Labor.

The increased numbers from the consumer price index mark the largest 12-month increase since a 5.4% increase for the period ending August 2008. The numbers were also higher than what forecasters had estimated, which will likely bolster the fears that inflation might be getting out of hand.
That must be why the market is tanking. Oh wait!

The Driver

I drive.
Consumer prices increased 5% for the year ending May, according to a report released on Thursday by the Department of Labor.

The increased numbers from the consumer price index mark the largest 12-month increase since a 5.4% increase for the period ending August 2008. The numbers were also higher than what forecasters had estimated, which will likely bolster the fears that inflation might be getting out of hand.
The Federal Reserve board has already signaled they're willing to let the economy run hotter than normal for a period of time before pulling the punch bowl so that growth can reach a higher average per quarter.

fishtm2001

"As many of us explained before this happened, being conservative about policy risks a long term deterioration in output and prosperity. The upside risk was trivial in comparison because raising interest rates are very good at keeping inflation steady in the medium to long term.

This is the central argument about why it’s best to overshoot on fiscal stimulus rather than do exactly what you think you need to do to hit the level of output that stabilises inflation. It is the argument of asymmetric risks. If you are conservative or do exactly what you think you need to do, the risk that you get things wrong because the stimulus turns out to be insufficient (because your calculations were wrong or unexpected things happened) is much greater than the risk that you overshoot. If you overshoot you quickly get higher interest rates and a temporary blip in inflation. If you undershoot it will take you some time to realise what has happened, and you will have lost real resources for everyone in the economy forever."

mainlymacro.blogspot.com

It will be fine

How so ? Is gas cheaper where you reside ? Has your salary kept pace with the increase of goods ? Has the governor of your state given power back to the people? Has the violent crime gone down where you are at ?
Gas is slightly higher but when you car gets 50 mpg it’s not a big deal. I made more money in 2020 than I ever have before. The Governor in my state doesn’t have power he can give back to the people, since that statement doesn’t make any sense. Violent crime remains at near historic lows. Tune out of the right wing fear propaganda system and live your life, you’ll see things are improving.

vantexan

That must be why the market is tanking. Oh wait!
I only see what's right in front of my face. If economic predictions don't happen immediately I scoff and laugh at the fools who can't see that things are great! Never mind that there were indicators in 2006-2007 that we were in serious trouble but it took the collapse in 2008 for a lot of people to wake up.

vantexan

Gas is slightly higher but when you car gets 50 mpg it’s not a big deal. I made more money in 2020 than I ever have before. The Governor in my state doesn’t have power he can give back to the people, since that statement doesn’t make any sense. Violent crime remains at near historic lows. Tune out of the right wing fear propaganda system and live your life, you’ll see things are improving.
Slightly? I just took a 1200 mile roundtrip. In my Florida hometown Sunday gas was $2.72. When I returned Tuesday it was $2.94. And violent crime is through the roof. You're amazingly uninformed.

It will be fine

Slightly? I just took a 1200 mile roundtrip. In my Florida hometown Sunday gas was $2.72. When I returned Tuesday it was $2.94. And violent crime is through the roof. You're amazingly uninformed.
Please define through the roof? I know the media you consume wants you to be afraid. Do you not realize that?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Please define through the roof? I know the media you consume wants you to be afraid. Do you not realize that?
E2UKhVIWUAAN6Th.jpeg

vantexan

Chicago now has a higher murder rate than San Salvador. A number of American cities do. NYC has exponentially higher crime numbers after eliminating bail, reducing the police budget by a billion dollars.

MAKAVELI

Chicago now has a higher murder rate than San Salvador. A number of American cities do. NYC has exponentially higher crime numbers after eliminating bail, reducing the police budget by a billion dollars.
Murica is a violent country. You cuckservatives forget just how violent the Mafia was in Chicago and NY.