President Trump

newfie

As is the case with life itself, it's all a question of how long you will live and yes I paid into the system in accordance with the law. I paid the full required amount every year for 44 consecutive years and yes I paid in to help support the program for the benefit of my parents who payed in to support the system for the benefit of their parents.

so you like pyramid schemes? they work great until you run out of new victims.

bacha29

making my case it appears.
So you want your retirement age raised to 70? Call your congressman . And while you at it be sure to voice your support for Paul Ryan's plan to end Medicare and replace it with a voucher for $ 7700 per year. All you would need to do then would be to find an insurer willing to write a healthcare insurance contract for a 65 year old for $ 650 a month. Good luck.

bacha29

so you like pyramid schemes? they work great until you run out of new victims.
Who in your mind's eye is the victim? Oh by the way for 23 of those 44 years I paid BOTH the employer and the employees share of Social Security...15.30% If anyone should feel like the "victim" it should be me.......But I don't .

newfie

So you want your retirement age raised to 70? Call your congressman . And while you at it be sure to voice your support for Paul Ryan's plan to end Medicare and replace it with a voucher for $ 7700 per year. All you would need to do then would be to find an insurer willing to write a healthcare insurance contract for a 65 year old for $ 650 a month. Good luck.

again no i want the government to stop "investing" my confiscated funds , spending it to support a bloated government and then trying to screw me out of my so called investment proceeds.

newfie

Who in your mind's eye is the victim? Oh by the way for 23 of those 44 years I paid BOTH the employer and the employees share of Social Security...15.30% If anyone should feel like the "victim" it should be me.......But I don't .

you gave the classic discription of a pyramid scheme. the victims are the last ones to join and pay that do not receive any proceeds.

bragging that you got screwed by the government does not absolve you of the insane argument you make in defense of this act of fraudism.

bacha29

you gave the classic discription of a pyramid scheme. the victims are the last ones to join and pay that do not receive any proceeds.

bragging that you got screwed by the government does not absolve you of the insane argument
Like Ron Paul you're just a crazy libertarian always convinced that the government is out to do you wrong making you the so called "victim" or at least that's what you have yourself believing. And nobody pays any attention to Ron Paul anymore either.

vantexan

Um, Ryan is on his way out. Do you expect Pelosi to proceed with his plan?

newfie

Like Ron Paul you're just a crazy libertarian always convinced that the government is out to do you wrong making you the so called "victim" or at least that's what you have yourself believing. And nobody pays any attention to Ron Paul anymore either.

or that the government is incompetent. in this discussion I am proven to be correct. our government has a 21 trillion dollar deficit that proves it can not manage money.

bacha29

or that the government is incompetent. in this discussion I am proven to be correct. our government has a 21 trillion dollar deficit that proves it can not manage money.
I suppose that you want your gas taxes that you were "defrauded" out of back? And the same probably holds true when it comes to your utility bills. Libertarians are simply people who want public services but don't want to have to pay for them.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I suppose that you want your gas taxes that you were "defrauded" out of back? And the same probably holds true when it comes to your utility bills. Libertarians are simply people who want public services but don't want to have to pay for them.
Another example of a Straw Man argument but also based on an illogical argument.
Gas Taxes go for building and maintaining public roads.

bacha29

Another example of a Straw Man argument but also based on an illogical argument.
Gas Taxes go for building and maintaining public roads.
Newf wants his money back. Now if promises never to use any and all public services in all forms then why shouldn't he get his money back. The very money he claims the government "defrauded" him of.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Now if (a person) promises never to use any and all public services in all forms then why shouldn't they get their money back.
I accept your position as stated here.
'Taxes' by the US Government are not guaranteed to be paid back to the people from which those taxes were extorted.