President Trump

El Correcto

god is dead
There’s nothing immature about looking at wealth distribution heavily weighted at the top and seeing a rigged system.
Okay now explain to me how taxing me to pay for universal healthcare and taking away my private insurance letting UPS off the hook for thousands is going to redistribute wealth to me.

vantexan

Congress controls the money?
You mean the President shouldn't control that?
No, not all of Congress, the House of Representatives. The administration submits a budget and Congress deliberates on what to approve or not approve. Once approved the administration has to work within guidelines and go through a process to reallocate funds because at times needs arise. It's why Trump couldn't just spend what he wanted to build the border wall because it wasn't allocated in the budget by the House.

El Correcto

god is dead
I went to college and grad school while working FT and had a second job in real estate the last 10 years while I was at X. Nobody gave me anything or owes me a good living.

I created my own financial success.
Did you also walk between work and school both ways up hill in the snow? Smh you’re probably a college drop out.

Serf

image.jpeg

I thought I would share, read this snippet early today. A unique take indeed. Like I've said before; If you don't like President Trump now, wait to what comes after.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Okay now explain to me how taxing me to pay for universal healthcare and taking away my private insurance letting UPS off the hook for thousands is going to redistribute wealth to me.

UPS would not be off the hook for anything-----the proposal would have them paying the equivalent of what they are paying for premiums in taxes to help fund healthcare for all.

vantexan

I went to college and grad school while working FT and had a second job in real estate the last 10 years while I was at X. Nobody gave me anything or owes me a good living.

I created my own financial success.
And yet you railed against FedEx over pay relentlessly for how many years now? I certainly did too over the poor raises, not getting us to top out. But I also realized there was no way with the expenditures they have that they could get us close to UPS pay and benefits. You refuse to accept that and have ripped me for stating that. It's not about taking up for FedEx, it's just math. If I wanted better I was going to have to leave. I did. But what I'm doing comes at a price. I drove 11,000 miles in my last two week pay period(16 days actually), and that included sitting for three days. Did things like pick up in Chicago at 1730 on a Wednesday and delivered in Phoenix at 0625 on Friday. Doesn't allow much sleep. Once had 11 hours of sleep over three days. The pay is good, but doubt after 6 months I'll make it another 6 months. It is what it is, but I'm old enough that I don care. I have a $22k pension to supplement whatever I do.

Indecisi0n

And yet you railed against FedEx over pay relentlessly for how many years now? I certainly did too over the poor raises, not getting us to top out. But I also realized there was no way with the expenditures they have that they could get us close to UPS pay and benefits. You refuse to accept that and have ripped me for stating that. It's not about taking up for FedEx, it's just math. If I wanted better I was going to have to leave. I did. But what I'm doing comes at a price. I drove 11,000 miles in my last two week pay period(16 days actually), and that included sitting for three days. Did things like pick up in Chicago at 1730 on a Wednesday and delivered in Phoenix at 0625 on Friday. Doesn't allow much sleep. Once had 11 hours of sleep over three days. The pay is good, but doubt after 6 months I'll make it another 6 months. It is what it is, but I'm old enough that I don care. I have a $22k pension to supplement whatever I do.
Wait a second, you're on team purple ?! Why do I even talk to you ?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I did the extra work, bought fixer uppers and educated myself. I don't care whether you believe I have the education or not. I worked hard and made smart choices.

A successful capitalist.

vantexan

I did the extra work, bought fixer uppers and educated myself. I don't care whether you believe I have the education or not. I worked hard and made smart choices.

A successful capitalist.
Who said I don't believe you have the education? Have me confused with Dano? All I ever wanted was to get a decent pension and move overseas. But I got married and she's not into that. So I'm doing whatever I can to get us to a better retirement. Truth is most jobs are excruciatingly dull and I've never cared to move up anyone's ladder as it seems to involve way too much ass kissing. So I'm probably right where I should be and will just deal with it. Can save money doing this, couldn't save real money with FedEx.