President Trump

vantexan

Did that extremely advanced civilization create the universe? Then not God.

Don’t go Giorgio A. Tsoukalos on me!
I honestly don't know. And no one else does either. Doesn't Genesis say something about that the world was void and without form? And doesn't give a timeframe how long that lasted. Then you have to ask when there was nothing until God created it then where is God from and how long did he exist before creating anything? Basically we can ask a lot of questions but don't have the answers. Since God gave us the ability to reason and he's omniscient then of course he already knew man would try to discover the origins of everything. And doubt. Of course God has nothing better to do than set traps so he can usher off the doubters to eternal damnation. Because at the root of such brilliance in creating everything there lies a petty tyrant. So really one would have to conclude that much of what we believe to be true is human derived whether from scientists or creationists.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
LOL - I have MFE and Brown Flush on IGNORE ... only 4 posts out of 20 showed.
Didn't miss a thang!

upload_2020-4-4_19-52-10.png

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
No argument. My point was that everything that exists today didn’t have to exist at Genesis, just that its origin did. Mutations, cross breeding, adaptations all allow for variations to expand the species we know today. If that’s evolution, so be it. The sole source of life is our Creator, not a happenstance fluke of nature.
Not trying to split hairs, but to be clear to the naysayers, by definition, what you describe is not evolution.

BrownFlush

Oh, so you could observe an Asian developing epicanthic folds as they adapted? No, not possible. Only evolution can explain it. A long-term adaptation manifests itself as physiological change over long periods of time. The only reason evolution cannot be directly observed is because nobody lives hundreds of thousands of years. That's where scientific research enters the picture.

Fossils, Leakey, and all of the other proof you deny.
I love fossils. They prove creation.
Yeah man....give evolution enough time and it will swim out of water, develop lungs, start walking, grow hair, climb a tree, climb down out of the tree, grow skin, walk even more upright..( shouldn't someone or something be in transition somewhere in these stages?? of course) ...wait...where did the water come from?....Oh yeah...if you give evolution billions and billions of years, it will come from nothing.
Wherever scientific research enters the picture, it's just that, research.
Research is not proof. Research is not evidence .
Evolution is not a provable science .

Last edited:

BrownFlush

We can directly observe small-scale evolution on organisms with short life cycles. It cannot be observed directly long-term because humans don't live long enough for direct observation.

Straw man argument.
We can?
Please direct me on the scientific study that observed this small scale evolution.
Hilarious.
You are a straw man. You have no spine.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Science says that entropy is a measure of disorder, and the Second Law of Thermodynamics states that all closed systems tend to maximize entropy.

Do you see complete disorder in our world and the universe we can see?

So, no, scientific design falls short. Intelligent Design by an omnipotent Creator is more logical. We are not the equal to our Creator, we are merely created in His Image and Likeness. Demanding God reveal Himself on our terms is futile, if not sacrilegious.
How did a thread about an atheist president turn to religion?

He's NOT an atheist. He's just lived his life as one and found religion when it suited him. Ask Paula White.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We can?
Please direct me on the scientific study that observed this small scale evolution.
Hilarious.
You are a straw man. You have no spine.

Try "Tracking short-term evolution in pedigreed wild population" @eeb.princeton.edu among others. "The Genomic Basis for Short-Term Evolution of Environmental Adaptation in Maize" @www.genetics.org. There are literally thousands of them.

Hilarious.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I love fossils. They prove creation.
Yeah man....give evolution enough time and it will swim out of water, develop lungs, start walking, grow hair, climb a tree, climb down out of the tree, grow skin, walk even more upright..( shouldn't someone or something be in transition somewhere in these stages?? of course) ...wait...where did the water come from?....Oh yeah...if you give evolution billions and billions of years, it will come from nothing.
Wherever scientific research enters the picture, it's just that, research.
Research is not proof. Research is not evidence .
Evolution is not a provable science .

No, fossils prove life existed in a given geologic age. Whenever faith enters the picture, it's just that, faith. Faith is not proof. Faith is not evidence. Faith is not provable.

The Scientific Method demands that an experiment can be repeated as proof. Is a polio vaccine evidence that science developed a prevention mechanism for a disease? Yes, it is...proof.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No, fossils prove life existed in a given geologic age. Whenever faith enters the picture, it's just that, faith. Faith is not proof. Faith is not evidence. Faith is not provable.

The Scientific Method demands that an experiment can be repeated as proof. Is a polio vaccine evidence that science developed a prevention mechanism for a disease? Yes, it is...proof.
Faith isn’t a prerequisite, logic is. Science hasn’t provided a single proof that an animate object evolved from an inanimate object. Life comes from life.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Faith isn’t a prerequisite, logic is. Science hasn’t provided a single proof that an animate object evolved from an inanimate object. Life comes from life.

We don't have proof from religion either. If life comes from life, where did God come from? I've seen the stuff you and BF posted and that's fine...for you.

Can we just agree to disagree? I'm fine with your faith if you're fine with my lack of it.

OK?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
We don't have proof from religion either. If life comes from life, where did God come from? I've seen the stuff you and BF posted and that's fine...for you.

Can we just agree to disagree? I'm fine with your faith if you're fine with my lack of it.

OK?
I’m not trying to convert you, I’m defending my beliefs from your attacks.

And yes, you can concede the argument.

BrownFlush

Critics of evolution often fall back on the maxim that no one has ever seen one species split into two. While that's clearly a straw man, because most speciation takes far longer than our lifespan to occur, it's also not true. We have seen species split, and we continue to see species diverging every day.

Evolution: Watching Speciation Occur | Observations
Still the same species. Nothing evolved. This is variation of the same species .
A squirrel is still a squirrel. Speciation is not evolution.

BrownFlush

Try "Tracking short-term evolution in pedigreed wild population" @eeb.princeton.edu among others. "The Genomic Basis for Short-Term Evolution of Environmental Adaptation in Maize" @www.genetics.org. There are literally thousands of them.

Hilarious.
Can you give more some of the other thousands?
None of these are "origin". None here prove evolution by using scientific methods.
Science proves creation/origin.
Evolution cannot provide proof for either.

I will never concede the argument. I'm just tired of "discussing" it with you. Going nowhere fast.

Done.

I hope.

floridays

On to your man made "global warming" models.
Will you admit by your definition it is not science?