Presidential Candidacy

wkmac

Moreluck,

I heard this process talked about over the weekend and according to the talking heads, if you aren't present at 7 pm, you don't get in the door. My first thought was about the many UPSers in Iowa and how can many of them take part in this political process.

Also this Iowa process sounds a lot like the party precinct process we have in our State which is dominated by party loyalist and the vast public at large are never aware of. We then have an election on Super Tuesday that gets the focus but it's these precinct meetings where everything is done and the agenda set.

At least Iowa appears to put it out in plain view unlike my State where you have to dig a bit to find it. Even when you do and go, the party stormtroopers root you out of play before you get a chance if they feel you threaten their agenda. I experienced that myself firsthand back in the 1980's which caused to wake up and realize the Republican party was not what it seemed to be!

Glad you posted the article.
:thumbup:

diesel96

"Throughout this process, members of a preference group may attempt to persuade other caucus-goers, especially members of non-viable groups, to join their preference group. Non-viable groups may merge to gain enough members to meet the viability threshold. Or members of non-viable groups may choose to join the uncommitted preference group. Or they can choose not to join any group"

This reminds me of a flock of sheep in Iowa considering their preference or how easily swayed they can be after months of consideration. Baaaa...Mr Sheep says "Lets see, do I preference the Shave my fur group or do I join the Lamb chop group?" Naaaaa.....I won't join any viable group and remain on the farm getting chased by a shepard collie and eat hay and let others decide for me.