Presidential Candidates other than Obama

brett636

"If you want to vote, then get a job," and the corportations you work for will let you know who to vote for because they don't have a "conflict of interest".

When I go to vote there is nobody in that voting booth but me and my ballot. No corporation, union, organization, or individual has a direct influence or control on how I vote or who I vote for. This fear that corporations can or will control the voting populace via their employment is ludicrous at best.

When I go to vote there is nobody in that voting booth but me and my ballot. No corporation, union, organization, or individual has a direct influence or control on how I vote or who I vote for. This fear that corporations can or will control the voting populace via their employment is ludicrous at best.
Brent the do indeed try to influence people, not just the unions, to vote for what "they" tell you is in your best interest. However you are right in that when you are pushing the button or pulling the handle you can vote anyway you like,

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's always fun to tell those callers, those pollsters...."yes, that is how I will vote" and then on election day, give a little devilish laugh and vote the opposite. Messes up all those so called accurate polls. The devil made me do it!

He knew was done the moment that convict he pardoned went and killed more people...... can you say "willie horton moment"?

Peace.
I'm sure you are correct in that assessment and I have no doubt that would be a big issue brought up time and time again.
I wouldn't have made the same decision he made on Horton, but I can see a logic in why he did what he did, given the info he had at the time. I'm pretty sure none of the states have a crystal that goes along with the governorship. Of course I know you won't agree, but that's irrelevant, neither of us had to power to stop it and probably would have never known about it except for Huckabee's political aspirations.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I'm sure you are correct in that assessment and I have no doubt that would be a big issue brought up time and time again.
I wouldn't have made the same decision he made on Horton, but I can see a logic in why he did what he did, given the info he had at the time. I'm pretty sure none of the states have a crystal that goes along with the governorship. Of course I know you won't agree, but that's irrelevant, neither of us had to power to stop it and probably would have never known about it except for Huckabee's political aspirations.

As usual the left has twisted this story to blame Huckabee for Clemmons going on to murder. Its not like Huckabee pardoned Clemons and he went on to kill the next day. After Huckabee pardoned Clemmons he went on to commit other crimes and was sent back to jail a few more times with each time a Judge letting him off with light sentences and then he finally commited the ultimate crime...9 years after he was pardoned by Huckabee and after many arrests. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Clemmons

wkmac

Ok. I just cleaned up this thread. Lets stick to talking about "presidential candidates other than Obama".

[video=youtube;VTHge8q0zwY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTHge8q0zwY&NR=1[/video]

I hope "was a candidate" from a historical analysis POV is allowed!
:wink2:

It is amazing just how many candidates there are in any given presidential election yet the general discussion of candidates typically only focus on a handfull. If elections really were about ideas and principles rather than debates by "cults of personality", I wonder if such narrow means would be the case?

moreluck

golden ticket member
ColeJ20110515_low.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Herman Cain, even the right doesnt mention him much. I like his style, his business experience, and his non experience in government. We will probably hear how he made a bad pizza once, if he ever gets a foot hold. I like him better than any republican, and goes with out sayin any democrat.