Presidential Candidates

bbsam

Staff member
It's the words said, not who said it. I had to include the credit for the quote or get ragged on by someone. The words are true. The words are powerful. The words are the whole point of the post. Attack the source is your M.O. and it's weak willy!!
Really? So what if Bill Cosby stood up.and said, "Women in our society need to be respected and valued." How would that be seen? Could you really separate the speaker from the words? I doubt it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Really? So what if Bill Cosby stood up.and said, "Women in our society need to be respected and valued." How would that be seen? Could you really separate the speaker from the words? I doubt it.

You mean, like you? Over here, you talk like a good Progressive. On the FedEx Forums, you're a GOP businessman. I can't separate your high-sounding words from your hypocritical actions.

bbsam

Staff member
You mean, like you? Over here, you talk like a good Progressive. On the FedEx Forums, you're a GOP businessman. I can't separate your high-sounding words from your hypocritical actions.
Hardly. When have you ever seen me advocate for anything but progressive reform? You haven't. What you have gotten from me is the cold, hard facts of the country we live in right now. That may be hard for you to accept because you're still adjusting to it. I've lived in it since 1995. Perhaps my familiarity with it is unnerving. You were promised a rose garden and got a manure pile. I was promised nothing. I get it. I'm used to how it goes. I was a single route owner for several years. No sick time; no vacation; no FMLA; no pension. It's not a good situation and it is exactly what companies are trending toward. But if you expect me to run away from it toward something that may seem momentarily better, you're crazier than your CSM dreams of notoriety. And if you think attacking me will somehow gain favor with your fedex virtual cheer squad, feel free. Won't get a union any sooner. Neither will whining about the RLA. You're in a world of crap at Express. Nothing has changed. Leave, organize or bend over. Ricochet and I have been right all along.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hardly. When have you ever seen me advocate for anything but progressive reform? You haven't. What you have gotten from me is the cold, hard facts of the country we live in right now. That may be hard for you to accept because you're still adjusting to it. I've lived in it since 1995. Perhaps my familiarity with it is unnerving. You were promised a rose garden and got a manure pile. I was promised nothing. I get it. I'm used to how it goes. I was a single route owner for several years. No sick time; no vacation; no FMLA; no pension. It's not a good situation and itield is exactly what companies are trending toward. But if you expect me to run away from it toward something that may seem momentarily better, you're crazier than your CSM dreams of notoriety. And if you think attacking me will somehow gain favor with your fedex virtual cheer squad, feel free. Won't get a union any sooner. Neither will whining about the RLA. You're in a world of crap at Express. Nothing has changed. Leave, organize or bend over. Ricochet and I have been right all along.

You share a loophole with Mr. Smith and exploit your workers while you sit at home and tend the soccer field and moderate. Your "reality" is a rationalization meant to soothe your guilty conscience.

bbsam

Staff member
You share a loophole with Mr. Smith and exploit your workers while you sit at home and tend the soccer field and moderate. Your "reality" is a rationalization meant to soothe your guilty conscience.

I assure you, my conscience is clear. Go change the world...but first, quit your topped out position slinging boxes for the devil. That's the difference between you and me; we both want change, believe we need change, you just want to be the piece that makes change happen. I know change will come in its own time.

upschuck

I wouldn't say this:
The words are B.S.
I would agree with what he said, but would consider the source to be suspect, and hypocritical.

I then wouldn't contradict myself and say this:
So tell me, what with the quote do you disagree with? And don't infer what isn't there.

That is just me though.