Prime Day

Theupsrookie

267 stops/465 packages my first day back from workmans comp center manager knows I work at a very safe pace instructs preload to stock me no more than the 5450 hin. Well 13hrs later I bring back 69 packages/40 stops only delivered 110 stops that day. Delivered to a lot of apartments where I religiously deliver door to door. Also for the apartments I didn’t have fobs for i would call the recipient phone # on the package and ask them to let me in.. needless to say they are doing a ride along with me on Tuesday.. they are in for a big surprise!! I will literally use my hand cart for every stop with more than 1 package and anything over 35lbs. I bet I’ll bring back more stops than I did on Thursday and Friday! I feel bad for who ever is going to do my ride along.. not to mention the sup better not open a door or touch a packaged or ill grieve the time study.. btw prior to my workman’s comp i have the most hours in our District not just our center but our entire district!! I’ll make it to retirement in 34 years. Btw I’m only 28. But I refuse to run for a company that treats its employees as just a number!! I’m usually only dispatched with 92-100 stops anything more will turn into a 13-14hr day and management knows it. Long story short sacrifice 3 months of 60hr weeks and watch you’re dispatch drop dramatically! I don’t understand a lot of drivers logic bragging on how much of a :censored2: they are delivering over 200 stops in 10-11hrs. Then complain when they get more stops.. btw I’m not lazy. I just want to make it to retirement in one piece and not walk with a limp.. am I wrong???

Wow , how hard is it to be that slow , how much effort goes into it? And Im not trying to be an a** just curious.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Almost 600 pieces?!!? The most I can cram in the P1000 is 450, and that's with maybe two or three irregulars over 70lbs. I'm not doubting that its possible though. How many hours did that take you? That is a 14 hour day for me.
I have had 900 pieces out for delivery during peak in a 12, it sucks to start but was happier then hell to finish at 10:00 and that was with someone grabbing 30 to 40 stops at 7pm.

BigBrown87

267 stops/465 packages my first day back from workmans comp center manager knows I work at a very safe pace instructs preload to stock me no more than the 5450 hin. Well 13hrs later I bring back 69 packages/40 stops only delivered 110 stops that day. Delivered to a lot of apartments where I religiously deliver door to door. Also for the apartments I didn’t have fobs for i would call the recipient phone # on the package and ask them to let me in.. needless to say they are doing a ride along with me on Tuesday.. they are in for a big surprise!! I will literally use my hand cart for every stop with more than 1 package and anything over 35lbs. I bet I’ll bring back more stops than I did on Thursday and Friday! I feel bad for who ever is going to do my ride along.. not to mention the sup better not open a door or touch a packaged or ill grieve the time study.. btw prior to my workman’s comp i have the most hours in our District not just our center but our entire district!! I’ll make it to retirement in 34 years. Btw I’m only 28. But I refuse to run for a company that treats its employees as just a number!! I’m usually only dispatched with 92-100 stops anything more will turn into a 13-14hr day and management knows it. Long story short sacrifice 3 months of 60hr weeks and watch you’re dispatch drop dramatically! I don’t understand a lot of drivers logic bragging on how much of a :censored2: they are delivering over 200 stops in 10-11hrs. Then complain when they get more stops.. btw I’m not lazy. I just want to make it to retirement in one piece and not walk with a limp.. am I wrong???
I give you props for getting the award for IDGAF, but I bet the sups have got your picture on a dart board in the office. I dont get how you plan on making it to retirement when you say I work doing all the methods but still managed to get on workmans comp? How did you get hurt when you use a dolley for every stop that has more then one package and if over 35lbs? Not management just curious how that can be and at the age of 28 years old. I'm 31 and I know my body takes a beating but never been on workmans comp ever and been doing this job for 12 years.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I wish I could do what you do. Over the past couple of years I have become more and more resentful towards management and their BS. I have slowed down tremendously but I still give an honest days work. If I have a good dispatch I will give them a good days pace. But if they screw me over and put dumb splits on then I drop the anchor and make them pay.

Recently I had an 8 hour request and instead of them making a decent effort to give me an 8 hour day, they kept the route virtually the same and said they would send help if I couldn't get it done. So they expected me to do 9.5-10 hours work including pick ups, in 8 hours. Anchor dropped and I worked a lot "safer" than normal. I sent a message at 14:30 saying there was no way I was getting it done. They ended up sending a cover driver on a junk route to take my remaining stops and last few pick ups which added miles and time to his day of course. If they would have honored the request to begin with they would have gotten better production out of me and not added more time and miles to someone else's day.

Oceanview

I give you props for getting the award for IDGAF, but I bet the sups have got your picture on a dart board in the office. I dont get how you plan on making it to retirement when you say I work doing all the methods but still managed to get on workmans comp? How did you get hurt when you use a dolley for every stop that has more then one package and if over 35lbs? Not management just curious how that can be and at the age of 28 years old. I'm 31 and I know my body takes a beating but never been on workmans comp ever and been doing this job for 12 years.

I got workman’s comps for PTSD because I had a gun pulled on me for the 4th time in a high crime area on my route and they made me continue delivering the day b4 father’s day which made my anxiety skyrocket and started having panic attacks shortly after.. it’s not that Idgaf I just work safe considering I had back surgery 2 years ago. I won’t break myself for unreasonable expectations

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I got workman’s comps for PTSD because I had a gun pulled on me for the 4th time in a high crime area on my route and they made me continue delivering the day b4 father’s day which made my anxiety skyrocket and started having panic attacks shortly after.. it’s not that Idgaf I just work safe considering I had back surgery 2 years ago. I won’t break myself for unreasonable expectations
Had a co worker get approved for intermittent FMLA for stress/ panic attacks. Whenever his load looked too bad in the morning he would just tell them he was stressed out and take an FMLA day.

BigBrown87

Sorry to hear that hopefully you are seeking help I know my friend was a vet and had PTSD when he came back. He went to VA every week for therapy and counseling but know seems to be in a better place. Idk if you will make it with back surgery already at 28years old and doing this job even if you move like a sloth you will be sore when you get older. Good luck

Oceanview

Sorry to hear that hopefully you are seeking help I know my friend was a vet and had PTSD when he came back. He went to VA every week for therapy and counseling but know seems to be in a better place. Idk if you will make it with back surgery already at 28years old and doing this job even if you move like a sloth you will be sore when you get older. Good luck

I’m doing better thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately they put me back on the same route I’m thinking about moving to feeders.. my back surgery was to shave down 2 disc that we’re pinching a nerve that caused nerve damage going down my left leg. So it was the most minor back surgery that could be done. I haven’t felt any pain since my surgery. Btw had the surgery on my 26th Birthday what a gift to give myself!