Prime Now= Theat to our industry

upschuck

I know where I live if I order 10 things about 6 will come Fedex Ground, 3 Post Office and maybe 1 UPS. I hardly ever get a UPS delivery anymore.
If I order on Thursday, most come FexEx, some USPS, rarely UPS, try to order early in week, for highest probability for UPS.

rod

Retired 22 years
If I order on Thursday, most come FexEx, some USPS, rarely UPS, try to order early in week, for highest probability for UPS.

I don't care anymore who brings it -- as long as its on time and not broke. (I would imagine that's the way 99.9% of the world feels about getting something delivered). I always got a kick out of the few who said they would refuse something if it came anyway but UPS---------------------sure they would.

mjjlohn

This thread glosses over how prohibitively expensive prime now is, I use the service and only use it when I need something that day. Most people aren't going to overpay.

Overpaid Union Thug

I have my Amazon set to come exclusively UPS. Took one phone call and compliant, now my :censored2: comes front door instead of in the mailbox.
I have tried that in the past in they said it wasn't possible. I talked to several different people in their customer service. But lately 9 out of the past 10 orders came UPS though.

Loyal Teamster

This thread glosses over how prohibitively expensive prime now is, I use the service and only use it when I need something that day. Most people aren't going to overpay.
The PRIME membership is $99/year, includes Fast shipping, movie/tv streaming(like Netflix) , and music streaming (like spotify), and groceries same day. And amazing customer service.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

We Love Logistics

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Prime is well worth the membership....between free shipping and streaming movies....it pays for itself. Especially since they raised the minimum purchase for non-members from 35 to $49 for each order.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Hey guys, I've been using Amazon Prime Now(San Diego) for th last few weeks and it's Amazing. I order groceries or other items online and get it delivered within a couple hours. My coworkers are saying this is the Beginning of the End for us in logistics as Amazon will eventually take over the logistics industry.
Should we be concerned?

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

Loyal Teamster when it is self-serving...
Otherwise, just another "what's in it for me" person.

Star B

White Lightening
Amazon must be selling a lot of substandard merchandise. The amount of call tags ans ARS have been steadily increasing.
Amazon is branching into a fulfillment company. You send us the product. We'll service the order and charge you a service fee. So, amazon may be "selling" a substandard item, but it's probably a FBA item