Probationary Period

trig

Hey guys, new hire preloader here. Started working in early August and have a couple questions which should be pretty easy to answer.

1. How long is the probationary period for new preloaders in CA? I forgot what my head sup. said when I first started and haven't received a consistent answer since (I've heard anywhere from 45-70 working days). For some reason, the UPS and Teamsters websites seem to be completely devoid of this information.

2. Does being brought on during summer make it more likely that i'll become permanent?

Cheers

Rack em

Made the Podium
Depending on if you're Southern Cali or not... Your probationary period would be 70 working days within a 6 month period.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hey guys, new hire preloader here. Started working in early August and have a couple questions which should be pretty easy to answer.

1. How long is the probationary period for new preloaders in CA? I forgot what my head sup. said when I first started and haven't received a consistent answer since (I've heard anywhere from 45-70 working days). For some reason, the UPS and Teamsters websites seem to be completely devoid of this information.

2. Does being brought on during summer make it more likely that i'll become permanent?

Cheers
They need bodies so you will be permanent.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The way Preload is in my Hub, if you show up you have a job. I see new people touring the building every night when I walk out. We can't keep people.

MzTeaze

The way Preload is in my Hub, if you show up you have a job. I see new people touring the building every night when I walk out. We can't keep people.

LOL same in my hub. But, I'm about as far away from Cali as possible so we don't have the same period. It's 30 days here then you are perm. I showed up every day.