Problems with UPS rescheduled delivery! =(

MrTrey

Hi,

I'm currently preparing to build a new PC and most of my parts from New Egg and one from Tiger Direct. I received the TD package on Monday and the stuff from New Egg was scheduled to be delivered yesterday.

Well, the UPS guy showed up yesterday and handed me a stack of packages (New Egg ships from numerous locations), but when I got inside I realized that one was missing!

I entered that particular package's tracking number into their website and was greeted with the following:

05/12/2009 3:53 P.M. THE PACKAGE WAS MISSED AT THE UPS
FACILITY, UPS WILL DELIVER ON THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY

A few hours later, I checked again and found that it had been updated again:

MACON,
GA, US 05/12/2009 7:57 P.M. THE PACKAGE WAS MISSED AT THE DESTINATION LOCATION / DELIVERY RESCHEDULED

Rescheduled Delivery: 05/13/2009

Well, as annoying as that was to discover, especially after the package had read OUT FOR DELIVERY yesterday morning, I decided that there was no use getting too upset about it as it would probably arrive tomorrow.

Or so I thought.

I woke up the next morning around 8am and saw that my status had yet to be changed...even though I was scheduled to receive the package today! I waited all day and nothing...then around 4pm the UPS man who delivers in our area drove by our house going the other way...and then drove right by again! Not stopping at all, but waving as he drove by. =(

Angered, I called UPS and got a live person on the phone...they stated that my package was scheduled to be delivered to my address today and that since this was the case it would be there...ever though I pointed out that our UPS guy had already came and gone.

What's going on here? Where could my package be? I've read horror stories about situations like this and I'm absolutely terrified that I may have found myself in one.

Any advice?

Also, for references, here is what my tracking history looked like in full yesterday:

MACON,
GA, US 05/12/2009 7:57 P.M. THE PACKAGE WAS MISSED AT THE DESTINATION LOCATION / DELIVERY RESCHEDULED

05/12/2009 3:53 P.M. THE PACKAGE WAS MISSED AT THE UPS FACILITY, UPS WILL DELIVER ON THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY

05/12/2009 6:40 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

Thanks in advance!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Your package as it was unloaded from the trailer was scanned and that is were your "out for delivery" comes from. It shows that your package arrived at the building that delivers your area.

It then gets spa-ed which means a ups pal sticker is generated and then put on your package which tells the sorters which belt to sort it to and the loaders which truck it gets loaded into and which part of the truck.

Now just taking a wild guess on my part, your package received the wrong sticker which does happen and the driver found it and removed it from his truck. Your driver had probably left already and that is why it was missed in building. Since it was in the building it probably did not get rescanned this morning. Now if the label was not removed it could have landed right back on the wrong truck.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but when you deal with millions of packages a day this does happen. On thr bright side if you paid for shipping and it didnt arrive on time you are entitled to a refund of shipping from ups.

MrTrey

That sucks. =( Understandable, but that doesn't make it heartening.

If what you guessed is indeed the problem, any idea how long it could take to get sorted out? Or if there is a way to get in touch with the facility that delivers to my area?

pretzel_man

If what you guessed is indeed the problem, any idea how long it could take to get sorted out? Or if there is a way to get in touch with the facility that delivers to my area?

Trey,

Assuming your package does not make it today, I think you will need to raise the issue again with UPS. You will need to tell them that your package was missed two days in a row, and they need to contact the center to find out what is happening.

If they say they can't contact the center, ask for a supervisor. Tell that person that you've been patient and that your fear is that the package is sitting in an exceptions area in the building. Ask them what physical scans have been done and are they positive that package will show up tomorrow.

This is especially important if you don't get another message on the tracking system saying it was missed at the destination facility. I'm pretty sure that those messages are from physical scans.

Good luck,

P-Man

Solidarity413

On the bright side, don't you love newegg!?! When I build my comp they were great! And they ship UPS :) What's your rig look like?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm sorry for the service failure on our part. Macon Center is a big facility with eighty drivers. The Center Manager used to be my swing driver a long time ago, he is a good guy. I hope you get your package soon, sometimes the address label gets torn or it gets loaded on the wrong delivery truck.

DS

Fenderbender
My advice is to call the place you ordered from and tell them to resend the missing piece NOW ,Make it thier problem not yours.If you get 2 return one collect using thier account number.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My advice is to call the place you ordered from and tell them to resend the missing piece NOW ,Make it thier problem not yours.If you get 2 return one collect using thier account number.

Good advice but all he would have to do is refuse delivery on one of them and, as long as he hasn't opened the pkg, he should be just fine.

over9five

Staff member
You ever notice that when a customer comes here to post a concern, we never hear the end of the story? Hey, OP, TELL US HOW IT TURNED OUT!!!

Ha! This happens on a car repair forum I'm on. Someone will post asking how to fix a problem, so a bunch of people answer trying to help, but the OP never posts again! Not even a "thank you".

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
What's going on here? Where could my package be? I've read horror stories about situations like this and I'm absolutely terrified that I may have found myself in one.

No reason to be terrified. You posted so you must have a working PC:peaceful:

tieguy

Banned
Your package as it was unloaded from the trailer was scanned and that is were your "out for delivery" comes from. It shows that your package arrived at the building that delivers your area.
I could be wrong but I think the unloading of the trailer the package came on generates the destination scan. I think PAS / and or Edd generates the out for delivery scan. Any DI experts out there?