ProFlowers..Is UPS working on V-Day?

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
nope, not in anyway. I don't want to tell you why I know, but I can tell you that I do know.

edit: UPS also carries a lot of pro-flowers volume too. fedex is doing it (at great expense) to try and make themselves look good ((on paper)). express volume is going down for them.

edit: v-day on sunday happens, what, every 6 years? and 800flowrs does much more than flowers, a very diversified company.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
nope, not in anyway. I don't want to tell you why I know, but I can tell you that I do know.

edit: UPS also carries a lot of pro-flowers volume too. fedex is doing it (at great expense) to try and make themselves look good ((on paper)). express volume is going down for them.

edit: v-day on sunday happens, what, every 6 years? and 800flowrs does much more than flowers, a very diversified company.

FedEx isn't spending huge money on this because the vast majority of the volume is being trucked, not flown.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
FedEx isn't spending huge money on this because the vast majority of the volume is being trucked, not flown.

on the delivery side is where the costs would be (oh yeah, they don't pay you all a fair wage, so maybe not such an expense). I know they are not worried about the cost of airplanes. To go into even more depth, FedEx gave pro flowers a list of zip codes they would service on v-day that they could run trucks...basically between major metro areas. Another good marketing job by fedex

To quote Meatloaf, "I bet you say that to all the guys.":happy-very:

not all, just the pretty ones :)

SmithBarney

I think you are mistaken, well at least from my standpoint. FedEx is obviously doing this because they want business and can abuse the workers how they want(put that aside)
Express Volume has been very steady since peak, Ground Volume is ridiculously high since peak, the Ground pickup at our Express station virtually blows the driver out daily.

As far as Sunday V-day, pro-flowers is pushing the idea, but if FedEx was really in it for "business" and recognition, they would be advertising right along with pro-flowers, but there
is no mention of who delivers... (perhaps a Superbowl commercial will have it?) Then again, we know how piss poor they've been managing advertising lately.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They seem to be advertising the hell out of those pandas!

I guess they figure all of that PR was worth sending an otherwise empty 777 across the globe. I hope Panda Express (the restaurant chain) sues FedEx for naming the jet "The Panda Express" in smaller letters underneath the cockpit windows. Hey, I hear the GEICO gecko needs an emergency flight home to Madagascar...think FedEx will bite on that one?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think you are mistaken, well at least from my standpoint. FedEx is obviously doing this because they want business and can abuse the workers how they want(put that aside)
Express Volume has been very steady since peak, Ground Volume is ridiculously high since peak, the Ground pickup at our Express station virtually blows the driver out daily.

As far as Sunday V-day, pro-flowers is pushing the idea, but if FedEx was really in it for "business" and recognition, they would be advertising right along with pro-flowers, but there
is no mention of who delivers... (perhaps a Superbowl commercial will have it?) Then again, we know how piss poor they've been managing advertising lately.

Yep, none of the ProFlowers ads I've been hearing on the radio mention FedEx. They just say "Valentine's Day Delivery" and that's it. You'd think FedEx would have been all over the chance to get their name out there. Hey, maybe we can paint a plane in ProFlowers colors and try to cash-in on the PR from that too.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I heard from a reliable source that if the pandas don't make it to China, expect a wrapped filet-of-Tai Shan or grounded up patties of Mei Lan with your next paycheck.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
I guess they figure all of that PR was worth sending an otherwise empty 777 across the globe. I hope Panda Express (the restaurant chain) sues FedEx for naming the jet "The Panda Express" in smaller letters underneath the cockpit windows. Hey, I hear the GEICO gecko needs an emergency flight home to Madagascar...think FedEx will bite on that one?

I beleive UPS has Geico's business, thank you very much!

slantnosechevy

Man you must be on crack or something, the ground trucks I see around noon to 1pm have maybe 10 stops left on a good day. Some drivers are delivering some sections of town with business every other day.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I heard from a reliable source that if the pandas don't make it to China, expect a wrapped filet-of-Tai Shan or grounded up patties of Mei Lan with your next paycheck.

I hear they taste like chicken. If we eff-up, maybe they'll take a couple of FedEx execs out behind the barn and deal with them Chinese-style.