"Protected status" on Package car drivers cut off date

542thruNthru

Not arguing here just just questioning so please don't feel attacked!

If you have 80 drivers running 65 routes throughout the week, When Saturday delivery (beyond Sat air that has been in place for decades) came to your center how many routes were then run on Mondays when Saturdays robed Monday's residential volume? I would guess close to 40'ish on Mondays (this is just a guess on my part comparing my center's driver numbers to your's.

That number is pretty close. We run about 48 on Monday not including shuttles to run missloads and left in buildings.

So it can be argued that the number of "RPCD's" "working" a Monday through Friday schedule is 40 can it not? You have 80 drivers with seniority but only 40 work on Mondays.

Yes I agree that it could be argued but I also believe it could be argued that anyone scheduled to work M-friend is a protected job being that every day has always had a different number of routes ran.

I think we are harping on one word when the language as a whole to me says much more.

Please reread the first sentence of the article you posted. I do not know how long you have been at UPS, it's not my business, but I ask you this:

With what you have seen and experienced while at UPS what are the odds that this is the EXACT STANCE THE COMPANY WILL TAKE?

I could see the company trying to take this stance but it also has to be agreed upon by the local Union. I understand your mistrust of your local. It sounds like they haven't been the best for you.

ps. I have retyped the above no less than 3 times in an attempt not to be misconstrued as being an attack instead of just posing a question.

I appreciate the attempt at not trying to sound like you're attacking me. I

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Lmfao. I dare them to take that to panel. I would file an article 37 on them for that.

But they won't will they? It'll all get "settled" when the BA gets back the 2nd. The company will drop the pending terms in exchange for the BA saying he "negotiated" getting rid of the pending term with the retraction of the article 37 grievance. "Just go back to work the 3rd. and remember the union is here fighting for you!"

Nobody gives a :censored2: that the driver AND HIS FAMILY WERE DISTRESSED 3 weeks leading up to AND during CHRISTMAS over the whole ordeal!

sidebar: the 2 call'ins were for Saturdays when said drivers (2 to my knowledge) were told the day before they would have to work the next day when family commitments had been made weeks in advance!

OH but hey, BUG will "fight" for $53 and a few pennies! Give me a break!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
But they won't will they? It'll all get "settled" when the BA gets back the 2nd. The company will drop the pending terms in exchange for the BA saying he "negotiated" getting rid of the pending term with the retraction of the article 37 grievance. "Just go back to work the 3rd. and remember the union is here fighting for you!"

Nobody gives a :censored2: that the driver AND HIS FAMILY WERE DISTRESSED 3 weeks leading up to AND during CHRISTMAS over the whole ordeal!

sidebar: the 2 call'ins were for Saturdays when said drivers (2 to my knowledge) were told the day before they would have to work the next day when family commitments had been made weeks in advance!

Absolutely not. If they were out for weeks take it to panel and demand full backpay. It’s a slam dunk case.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
@Bubblehead you trying to tell me calling off 2 Saturdays with no pate attendance problems justifys this. You know how our discipline for attendance works. It’s a process. No friend’in way this stands.
Seriously? You know the procedure for call off discipline
"Based on the facts presented, grievant will return to work on the next available punch, no liability to the Company, no precedence set".

My Local has cases heard on Tuesdays, in the "B Room", with a Union Chair who should recuse himself due to a conflict of interests.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
"Based on the facts presented, grievant will return to work on the next available punch, no liability to the Company, no precedence set".

My Local has cases heard on Tuesdays, in the "B Room", with a Union Chair who should recuse himself due to a conflict of interests.
U can’t be serious

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
U can’t be serious
I'm serious as a heart attach.

The room I always end up in, is Chaired for by the Union, by an official that is also the BA for another Local, a Local who also deals with the very same Labor Manager who is presenting for the Company on my grievances???

How is this not a conflict of interests?

Why would whoever seats this idiot not see the liability in this practice???

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Uh oh- I hope Big Union Guy doesn't....see this. Lol.

You keep saying that.

I guess you don't like hearing the truth ?

Absolutely not. If they were out for weeks take it to panel and demand full backpay. It’s a slam dunk case.

I would tend to agree.... for attendance.

@Bubblehead you trying to tell me calling off 2 Saturdays with no pate attendance problems justifys this. You know how our discipline for attendance works. It’s a process. No friend’in way this stands.

I'm willing to bet, it wasn't for attendance.... but, probably job abandonment.

"and this case may not be referenced by either party."

:biggrin:

Fisticuffs is not a viable option.

You do realize the company can hold the driver out for a lot longer than

the 3rd.... right ?

Maybe next time, the driver will think about the possible consequences and take into

consideration the effect on his family if he permanently losses his job over working a

couple Saturdays.

It was National Air language.... you don't let that slide.

-Bug-