PRU 401K Deduction?...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I strongly to encourage you to put something in the 401k. Even if it's only 1%. Will $15 bucks a week kill your budget?
I encourage him to hire a financial advisor.

Mortgage debt is usually considered good debt. It helps reduce ones tax burden.

Also one can throw all of the money they want into their 401k at 50+. It won't make up for the lost years of their youth.

Also one can throw all of the money they want into their 401k at 50+. It won't make up for the lost years of their youth.
That's my point. You can't make up the power of compounding

Just asking him to get started

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There would be no need for a PTer to hire a financial adviser at this point in their career.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No.
3.5 more years and I'll have paid off my 30 year mortgage in under 5 years, then I'll re-evaluate my retirement strategy. I've got a Roth started but I'm not actively investing in it, I don't have a lot of faith in Wall Street at this point. Being debt free might make me a little braver when it comes to investing.

You will have paid off a 30 year note in less than 5 years?? I thought I was doing good when I will have my $85K 15 year note paid off in just over 7 years.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You will have paid off a 30 year note in less than 5 years?? I thought I was doing good when I will have my $85K 15 year note paid off in just over 7 years.
That's why the wife and I bought the house we bought. Will pay it off in 5 years and only pay like $100 more per month than we are for rent now.