PRU 401K Deduction?...

I've got a nice nest egg hopefully not going to touch it.

The plan is to help pay for grandkids education

Funny thing is I never missed it
Every time we got a raise I bumped it up a little

The last 10 years I worked the power of compound interest was almost unbelievable the way it grew
Boom!
See you retired guys aren't completely useless! Lol

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

The last 10 years I worked the power of compound interest was almost unbelievable the way it grew
Plus flipping all of those houses. Lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have you started 529's for them? I opened up one for each of them just as soon as they got their SSN and fund each with $50/month. I estimate that they will each have between $10-12K by the time they turn 18 and I get to write off the contributions on my state tax return.

zero

Started my Roth 401k today 3% and adding 1% every year. Just added BH fund. recently started FT with over 10 PT. Wasnt sure on picking roth vs trad. Hypothetically in 25-30 years drawing $3500 pension and $2000 ssi would trad now be better? Not sure on ssi numbers just guessing. Theres of the possibility of drawing as much as i make now.

Started my Roth 401k today 3% and adding 1% every year. Just added BH fund. recently started FT with over 10 PT. Wasnt sure on picking roth vs trad. Hypothetically in 25-30 years drawing $3500 pension and $2000 ssi would trad now be better? Not sure on ssi numbers just guessing. Theres of the possibility of drawing as much as i make now.
Preach it