PT Cover Drive Guaranteed Pay

MrWinston

I'm about done with my 30 day qualifying period. Guy who qualified before me told me he has only been running air most mornings and his hours dropped significantly.

A driver who has been around longer said that if we only work 1.5 hours running air to be sure to get our 3 hour pay guarantee.

I'm in central PA and looked at the contract. There's mention of 3.5 hour guarantee but I'm not sure how I go about getting it.

Advice greatly appreciated.

I'm about done with my 30 day qualifying period. Guy who qualified before me told me he has only been running air most mornings and his hours dropped significantly.

A driver who has been around longer said that if we only work 1.5 hours running air to be sure to get our 3 hour pay guarantee.

I'm in central PA and looked at the contract. There's mention of 3.5 hour guarantee but I'm not sure how I go about getting it.

If you are running air only, you fall under Art 40 air operations. 3 hour guarantee.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If you are running air only, you fall under Art 40 air operations. 3 hour guarantee.

Was just about to post this.

"(2) Less than eight (8) hour air drivers (part-time air drivers) who have a regular scheduled start time shall have a three (3) hour daily guarantee. They shall receive overtime pay for hours worked in excess of eight (8) hours in a twenty-four (24) hour period or in excess of forty (40) hours per week."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

The 3.5 hour guarantee applis to part time employees working inside. The language on air driving has always sucked.

MrWinston

Thanks for the replies though I'm still unclear.

I have been told I will be a PT Cover Driver. I have to call in every morning to find out if they need me to cover a sick day, vacation, ect or if they need me to run air. I do not have a set start time classified as a PT Air Driver.

If I am guaranteed hours do I ask for work for the extra 1.5 hours or should my paycheck simply show the guaranteed 3 hours no matter my punch out time?

I have been told I will be a PT Cover Driver. I have to call in every morning to find out if they need me to cover a sick day, vacation, ect or if they need me to run air. I do not have a set start time classified as a PT Air Driver.

If I am guaranteed hours do I ask for work for the extra 1.5 hours or should my paycheck simply show the guaranteed 3 hours no matter my punch out time?
I am betting you are going to have to demand your guaranteed hours. Hard enough to get paid for the hours you do work let alone paid for hours you did not work. Management will probably say something like you volunteered to go home with a pay actual.

WTFm8

You talking about me mentioning it last Saturday around 4:30pm dropping a box truck load off? Haha

You’ll have to just tell them you want your guaranteed 3hrs or tell a steward. If they dont help contact Dave Licht, our business agent at 776.

Also, don’t forget you can file a grievance for missed pay/hours on any less senior drivers working when you’re not, except during their 30 training days. Everything is seniority based.

Last edited:

MrWinston

Yup, that sparked the question. One other person told me I have to aslfor any extra work, even inside, and only if they don't provide it then I can go to a steward to help get the guarantee. Was just looking for clarification. Didn't want to come off as an ass right off the bat and get on the super bad side from the start.

WTFm8

2 weeks till I have a year in.

I stopped putting up with so much BS about 4 months ago.

Best thing is to read the national and supplement. Once you have a little time in start ‘flexing’ your knowledge and file grievances.

Make sure you put WHAT you want in return on grievances or you won’t see pay for supervisors working and stuff like that.

Jackofnotrades

Don't call in, just show up and be ready. They Will find something for you if your in their face. Calling may show you are uninterested

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
"Comb your agreement for knowledge, your insight a mighty sword leading the battle, and live to fight another day"...

W

Staydryitsraining

Your mid Atlantic region I believe. There is air driver, temp driver and ft driver. What is pt cover driver?

MrWinston

The stuff I got before the vote had the master agreement and Central Pennsylvania supplement. I don’t see a 3 hour guarantee but maybe I’m just missing it.

Also, I got $14/hr doing preload. Thought I was supposed to get $15/hr doing air only but have been getting $14/hr. Talked to a steward and going to talk to the center manager with him this week to figure out what’s going on.