PT Cover Driver On Call Questions

shafner79

As a part time cover driver, I have not been working a lot this summer. I have a mother part time job I go to when I don't work, but not knowing if I'm working everyday until 7 am sucks.
My question is, what time is the latest I have to be "on call"? All day? 8am? 10am? I call in at 630-730 am and sometimes don't get a call back until 10-1030. Other days they say I'm "next up" and never get a call back....very frustrated. Especially having to pay a sitter every day for my kids when 90% of the time I don't get called in. Any info/suggestions that will help?

Faceplanted

If your a hub worker who also cover drives there is no such thing as on call as much as management wants you to think so. You should get 24hr notice if your start time for the next day. Don't play their unorganized game. Speak to your center manager and union steaward and explain how's it's going to work from now. IF they don't tell you 24 hours prior and use a cover driver with less seniority file and get paid for them. I went through this situation years ago and they figires out I'm not their pawn who can wait by the phone all day

Faceplanted

I don understand how this works but at my hub you would be part time hub worker. Than when needed to cover drive you drive. Sounds like your getting shafted. If you made your 30 days after peak driving or in the hub as pt you are guaranteed 3.5 hours every day. Talk to a steward asap!!!!

Last edited: