PT Ohio: Transferring to NYC: Manhattan 43rd vs. Brooklyn (on topic)

Manhattan 43rd or Brooklyn hub?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MEVaccani

Going back to school next Fall 2020 (already accepted into Masters Program at Brooklyn College) and I need help deciding on Brooklyn vs Manhattan. HR directed me here because they don't know anything that is not their bottom line/in their best interest. Those are their words btw.

MANHATTAN 43rd:
How do you get to the Manhattan hub? I see the 7 and the A&C lines are close. Is that what you take? Or is there another underground method? Seems expensive just to get to and from work, especially considering your PT didn't vote for better pay in an area with a cost of living that is up to your eyeballs.

Do people last long there? With the pay, I feel like there has to be resentment. We have guys that complain all 17 hours here in Ohio and our cost of living is a smile and "Op".

Where is the best place to live? I'll be going to school at the end of the 4&5 and 2&3 (Brooklyn College). I was looking at Park Slope...?

BROOKLYN:
This location is the closest to my school. Is it safe? I have had a knife pulled on me while jumping here in the suburbs of Ohio. I don't want to worry about the same thing in that area? I know it's at the end of the L train so I am hesitant.

Best place to live?

BOTH HUBS:

What is the best PT shift for hours? My classes are all in the evenings from 6pm-10pm.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Going back to school next Fall 2020 (already accepted into Masters Program at Brooklyn College) and I need help deciding on Brooklyn vs Manhattan. HR directed me here because they don't know anything that is not their bottom line/in their best interest. Those are their words btw.

MANHATTAN 43rd:
How do you get to the Manhattan hub? I see the 7 and the A&C lines are close. Is that what you take? Or is there another underground method? Seems expensive just to get to and from work, especially considering your PT didn't vote for better pay in an area with a cost of living that is up to your eyeballs.

Do people last long there? With the pay, I feel like there has to be resentment. We have guys that complain all 17 hours here in Ohio and our cost of living is a smile and "Op".

Where is the best place to live? I'll be going to school at the end of the 4&5 and 2&3 (Brooklyn College). I was looking at Park Slope...?

BROOKLYN:
This location is the closest to my school. Is it safe? I have had a knife pulled on me while jumping here in the suburbs of Ohio. I don't want to worry about the same thing in that area? I know it's at the end of the L train so I am hesitant.

Best place to live?

BOTH HUBS:

What is the best PT shift for hours? My classes are all in the evenings from 6pm-10pm.

Queens north would be better

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Marcy PJ's all day
C776Fh1XUAAD259.jpg