Does anyone fear technology ?

DS

Fenderbender
I have learned one thing here and thats this most of the members here are not nice people and are bitter, narrow-minded and just plain ********. Just leave me be and i'll leave you be.
Shady,this website has been around a long time,and I can assure you that although we have a good share of negativity in here,MOST of the members are good people and although some of thier responses are a bit insulting,most are just constructive criticism .Please don't get so emotional on us and have fun with the forum in the knowledge that everyone is different,and no one is obligated to agree with your opinions.

mpeedy

Our district went from 5 time study people to 1. UPS is rolling out the virtual time studies using Google maps. It was explained to us how it works and it seems it will be a great disaster. Whats new?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I can actually feel my brain cells dying as I try & follow this thread...

BBAG, as much as I disagree with you sometimes, you are right. This is a stinker. :peaceful:

Everyone has negativity, it's how you deal with it. yeah, i'm pretty rough around the edges. alot of people are.

PS - It seems like shady-tree is pretty negative, narrow minded himself. To say the least he's been harping on the same issues in all of his threads. Furthermore notice how we MUST "worry" about technology. Uh oh, I'm so worried I can't sleep at night sometimes with feverish sweats..... :sick:

Mike Hawk

I will stand with you Shady, we will start a movement to reduce the feeder department to a line of people stretching across the country handing boxes to each other, the new boxline! Package cars? Shmackage cars, horse and wagon for life! Think of how many new jobs will be created cleaning up poo, skilled pay if I ever saw any!

Shady Tree at UPS

I am not bitter yet give me a couple more yrs... I honestly do fear tech. for myself you every upser blue/white collar. I really fear it for all the new hires that are being sold the brown dream. Forgive me but a lot of my hatred comes from realy bad mgmt. i've dealt with time shaving, abusing sen. rights, etc.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I am not bitter yet give me a couple more yrs... I honestly do fear tech. for myself you every upser blue/white collar. I really fear it for all the new hires that are being sold the brown dream. Forgive me but a lot of my hatred comes from realy bad mgmt. i've dealt with time shaving, abusing sen. rights, etc.

Shady - Seriously, and not busting your balls;

People have feared technology, and its' use in replacing people for a long time. Rightfully, many positions have been automated in different industries, and you can't go back.

On the other hand, you won't be able to stop it - if a company, any company, can find a cheaper way to do something using machinery, then it will happen, and there is nothing you can do.

I'm not all gloom & doom on it, because it is not going to have a serious, immediate effect on me (I'll be dead before it becomes any real issue, if at all) and two - someone has to be hired to fix / sell / design the machines. We, as people, will not make our own selves obsolete.

drewed

Shankman

that is bitterness crazytree, if you dont like the pot get off the :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ter you know?

Im sure your argument came up a hundred years ago when they used their first conveyor, or the first package car, or 20 years ago when the airline started up.

The thing is, at this point (or the for see able future) they wont have robots that can deliver packages, turn in sales leads, unload containers, load trailers, fly planes, etc its just not possible without major life altering leaps and bounds in tech, when we have flying cars, the average lifespan is 150 and fossil fuels are gone you MAY have an argument but until that point, your just a single crazytree in that strange strange crazy forest you live in

drewed

Shankman
Shady - Seriously, and not busting your balls;

People have feared technology, and its' use in replacing people for a long time. Rightfully, many positions have been automated in different industries, and you can't go back.

On the other hand, you won't be able to stop it - if a company, any company, can find a cheaper way to do something using machinery, then it will happen, and there is nothing you can do.

I'm not all gloom & doom on it, because it is not going to have a serious, immediate effect on me (I'll be dead before it becomes any real issue, if at all) and two - someone has to be hired to fix / sell / design the machines. We, as people, will not make our own selves obsolete.

thats kinda scary BBAG remember when we were bickering? now we have almost the exact same idea in our posts at almost the same time?:biting::biting: lol

Shady Tree at UPS

Its not so much gloom/doom. Most likely we will finish career and get pension, etc. Its more of Ups selling that dream (pension,etc) that i have a problem with. Make any sense?

sano

Shady,
You need to rethink being bitter. Bitterness is anger that is left to simmer and build over time.
The problem with being bitter toward someone (or in this case a company) is that you have decided to let them control you.
You are letting the very person you hate determine you attitude and how your day will go. That's not the kind of power you want to give to someone, especially someone you don't like.

I, for one, choose not to let anyone, any situation, or definitely any company control my attitude.