PT Sup back to Package Handler

Ogey the Bear

Here's my story: I did a year of preload and was offered the Local Sort sup position. I took it to expand my resume and make some more money. I've been the LS sup for 2.5 years now and I've almost completed my degree. I'm thinking about starting my own business, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to go from management back to PT union without quitting and re-applying? I'd want to go union again for the benefits and insurance while I venture.

noazrk

Union Steward
I know two people who were hourly, then became supervisors and quit. They both came back, one as an hourly and the other straight into management again. You could talk to H.R. but I'm pretty sure you have to quit and come back as an hourly. Unless someone has a bad rep the only way to burn the bridge is by quitting before hitting our 1 year guarantee.

gorilla75jdw

So , there is an article , maybe (off the top of my head ) article 48 , not sure , but its there that states , that basically the company and the union both are in agreement on a ratio that states that out of every 5 or 6 jobs that is allocated/awarded to hourly employees, whom have signed the part time to fulltime bid list for future full time jobs . So the way it works for you , to your advantage, is that you submit a hand written, or typed letter implying that you are interested in any future package car, combo 22.3 or now 22.4 (lol) job , or feeder , or whatever type job is becoming available soon , and why you need,want , deserve this job . I believe the ratio is 1 to 6 , maybe 1 to 5 , meaning for every 6 hourly employees that take a job ,or for every 5 hourly employees that bid and are awarded a new job , then the company can award the next job to whomever they choose. It could be a guy straight off the street, another hourly union guy with 1 day of seniority, or a 2 month/2year old supervisor, it's up to the company's discretion as to whom they choose to appoint into the new Saud job. This is a real thing , it does happen , you need to submit a letter (hand written or typed) to both Human resource office and your current hub sort manager , not supervise, manager . Good luck , and join the union after you are awarded the job .

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So , there is an article , maybe (off the top of my head ) article 48 , not sure , but its there that states , that basically the company and the union both are in agreement on a ratio that states that out of every 5 or 6 jobs that is allocated/awarded to hourly employees, whom have signed the part time to fulltime bid list for future full time jobs . So the way it works for you , to your advantage, is that you submit a hand written, or typed letter implying that you are interested in any future package car, combo 22.3 or now 22.4 (lol) job , or feeder , or whatever type job is becoming available soon , and why you need,want , deserve this job . I believe the ratio is 1 to 6 , maybe 1 to 5 , meaning for every 6 hourly employees that take a job ,or for every 5 hourly employees that bid and are awarded a new job , then the company can award the next job to whomever they choose. It could be a guy straight off the street, another hourly union guy with 1 day of seniority, or a 2 month/2year old supervisor, it's up to the company's discretion as to whom they choose to appoint into the new Saud job. This is a real thing , it does happen , you need to submit a letter (hand written or typed) to both Human resource office and your current hub sort manager , not supervise, manager . Good luck , and join the union after you are awarded the job .

He wants to go back to part time, not full time. Your suggestion wouldn't apply in this situation. Once the new contract actually starts, this will no longer apply to ground driving either.

@Ogey the Bear my suggestion would be to just ask your boss if you can do it. If not, your next best bet is to quit, change your identity, then reapply.

Heavy Package

So the way it works for you , to your advantage, is that you submit a hand written, or typed letter implying that you are interested in any future package car, combo 22.3 or now 22.4 (lol) job , or feeder , or whatever type job is becoming available soon , and why you need,want , deserve this job .

a97223_g150_5-7yr.jpg

I was a supervisor that came back,unfortunately you do have to quit and come back but it could be quick. Just talk to the manager about it, he may help find a solution.

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
On road supervisor here but worked in HR for a couple years. There's no way to go back to a part timer from a supervisor unless you quit. Also like said above, once the new contract is active, the 6 to 1 will be non-existent for ground driving.