puerto rican lives matter

El Correcto

god is dead
Seems like it. From the way you talk on here I could never imagine you putting anyone before yourself unless there was some kind of gain for you.
That’s every action anyone takes. There no true altruism when it comes to humans, there’s always something to gain that compels you to do something, even if it’s just a feeling.

rickyb

He was emphasizing to her she should get something for the car because he didn't need to get it for free. You see Ricky, not everyone sponges off their parents. Difficult concept for you I'm sure.
he connected it to a "hand out".

i dont want to live in a society where people dont help each other. america is very far down that road with its worship of ayn rand and other pseudo philosophers.

rickyb

the better question is what do we owe each other + what do we owe our country?

you probably think nothing aside from working and consumerism, which is unsurprising considering you think unaffordable debts should be repaid and arent familiar with debt write offs

this is all creditor class mentality and propaganda.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
sometimes people are lent more money than they can repay./
Then they shouldn’t borrow more than they can pay. When I bought a house, the lender told me I was eligible for $50,000 more than what I wanted to borrow. I told him keep the money. I don’t need a house or a payment that large.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Then they shouldn’t borrow more than they can pay. When I bought a house, the lender told me I was eligible for $50,000 more than what I wanted to borrow. I told him keep the money. I don’t need a house or a payment that large.
When we bought the farm we took the loan application to my uncle first because he was on the bank board. We were a little worried. We knew we could afford it but we would have liked to have less debt also.

He laughed when he saw it. He was like this might be the cleanest loan application we see all year. Should be a no brainer.

It's amazing the debt some people carry

rickyb

prudent lending.

like what the banks did not do leading up to 2008 crisis and then came running to the govt for a "hand out" which they verbally opposed the years before.

El Correcto

god is dead
theres self sacrifice as well.

see jesus.
Self sacrifice has selfish motives as well. Jesus sacrificed himself to see our sins forgiven, if you believe in that. He wanted the sins forgiven, he sacrificed himself to see that. He had a desire in doing so, not true altruism.

rickyb

When we bought the farm we took the loan application to my uncle first because he was on the bank board. We were a little worried. We knew we could afford it but we would have liked to have less debt also.

He laughed when he saw it. He was like this might be the cleanest loan application we see all year. Should be a no brainer.

It's amazing the debt some people carry
consumer debt began increasing after real wages stagnated beginning in 1973,.