Puff piece to get some scabs for the strike

Thebrownblob

Explain your statement. Please.

In reality, I think this article would motivate people to GRAVITATE towards a UPS job....not demand a pay cut.

And do you think anyone really cares?
Did he make a statement? Tick-tock nonsense. While $41 an hour isn’t terrible money, it’s also not enough to attract people to stay here long term anymore in great numbers. We are paying people $21 an hour in the building which I believe will be the standard across the nation after this contract. The amount of responsibility, expectations, physical demands, and time away from your family with 60 hours and six days a week being forced many places for drivers, the trade-off is not worth it to most anymore. 10 or 15 years ago that was not the case. The fact is once people realize what’s expected they do not stay long term like they used to. The younger generation does not want to give this corporation that much time of their life.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

They are offering to pay us $250 if we can get one person to stay 60 days

Unbelievable. Nobody wants to work.
Exactly right they just bumped part-timers to 21 an hour here they get overtime after five and a $75 bonus if they show up every day. As well as being able to double shift pretty much whenever they want. Almost no commitment and if you’re not fast enough somebody comes and helps you. In the last month we have had three 22.4 quit. One regular package car driver took an inside 22.3 job. 2 people retired. And we’ve only hired and kept two people since February. One of the 22.4s that quit was getting ready to go RPCD after less than a year, I talk to him and he said when he started he thought it would be worth it, and now he knows it’s not he’s quitting before he gets “stuck”. Who are they going to find to do this job? The pool of people is drying up.

Exactly right they just bumped part-timers to 21 an hour here they get overtime after five and a $75 bonus if they show up every day. As well as being able to double shift pretty much whenever they want. Almost no commitment and if you’re not fast enough somebody comes and helps you. In the last month we have had three 22.4 quit. One regular package car driver took an inside 22.3 job. 2 people retired. And we’ve only hired and kept two people since February. One of the 22.4s that quit was getting ready to go RPCD after less than a year, I talk to him and he said when he started he thought it would be worth it, and now he knows it’s not he’s quitting before he gets “stuck”. Who are they going to find to do this job? The pool of people is drying up.
They aren't paying our part-timers anything extra here

That's why half the time nobody shows up