Puff piece to get some scabs for the strike

Trucker Clock

Nah....I want as free a speech as everyone else on here.

Interesting.....you admit the bullying......^^^^^^^^your puff piece is filled with it.

Say, why don't you go away and hit the ignore button? I'm being bullied....

You have no idea about much....

Newsflash: I can handle it.....apparently a few crying to their sugar daddy's to help them.....

Banter? No....

I'm attacked and I will defend myself......simple.

See, since much of my "banter' is reactionary.....being intellectually honest and fair in this deal....makes it tough to ban the victim....of TOS violations and the bullying.....well I mean it should.....(I don't expect much)......

You guys have done well...give ya that......it took a tragedy and some bizarre circumstances and another tragedy to pull it off....to get me banned. 6 against 1......and the odd here and there. There's only about 10 regular folks on here anyway....and the abusive clowns will be half of them....

BTW, hitting ignore doesn't stop the abuse, bullying and hatred....it's still there. Read that again....slowly if you have to...

BTW, I'm just the latest....you guys ran off Upstate, Integrity, most new folks......you'll direct your hate to someone else....

No?

BTW, do you speak for @BadIdeaGuy now? So odd....

And for the love of God......wtf are you to suggest if or what I need to do? Simple enough?

Lastly, here's a real deep thought.....how about stopping the bullying and TOS violations? All this would go away. If you don't understand the concept......see above^^^^^.

Red X.jpeg

Superteeth2478

Have to admit that I didn't read all 16 pages of this thread, but surely someone has pointed this out: Although a strike would hurt both sides, a lot, I think it's safe to say that it'll hurt UPS more. UPS Teamsters make up, last figure I saw, about 350,000 members. That's about 25% of the approximately 1.4 million Teamsters.

The Teamsters can always get more members, especially in this political climate where even places like Starbucks and Amazon are beginning to unionize.

UPS, on the other hand, will have to deal with the repercussions of a strike for a long time, potentially until it becomes a shadow of what it currently is. Amazon and FedEx will cannibalize a lot of accounts if UPS has to deal with a nationwide strike again like in 1997. The current IBT leadership has a ton of leverage this time around.

While UPS does have the argument that they will potentially break the union by locking out the members and going about their own way, The IBT has the argument that even if UPS does that they're still going to be :censored2:ed in the long run. Hard. Much harder than in 1997 when Amazon didn't even exist as a delivery service and FedEx didn't control as much of the share of logistics business.

There's really no reason that this contract shouldn't be toeing the fine line between asking for too much and asking for just enough. At the end of the day I'm certain UPS knows it can afford a strike even less than the IBT can.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Have to admit that I didn't read all 16 pages of this thread, but surely someone has pointed this out: Although a strike would hurt both sides, a lot, I think it's safe to say that it'll hurt UPS more. UPS Teamsters make up, last figure I saw, about 350,000 members. That's about 25% of the approximately 1.4 million Teamsters.

The Teamsters can always get more members, especially in this political climate where even places like Starbucks and Amazon are beginning to unionize.

UPS, on the other hand, will have to deal with the repercussions of a strike for a long time, potentially until it becomes a shadow of what it currently is. Amazon and FedEx will cannibalize a lot of accounts if UPS has to deal with a nationwide strike again like in 1997. The current IBT leadership has a ton of leverage this time around.

While UPS does have the argument that they will potentially break the union by locking out the members and going about their own way, The IBT has the argument that even if UPS does that they're still going to be :censored2:ed in the long run. Hard. Much harder than in 1997 when Amazon didn't even exist as a delivery service and FedEx didn't control as much of the share of logistics business.

There's really no reason that this contract shouldn't be toeing the fine line between asking for too much and asking for just enough. At the end of the day I'm certain UPS knows it can afford a strike even less than the IBT can.
if we were to strike it would crush fed ex amazon usps.they dont have the infrastructure to process the volume we handle.ball is in our court.we need to make sure our pters are not minimum wage slaves being over worked(double shifting and getting shorted every week to keep the buildings going) and ripped off by the company, at every opportunity they way the are doing us now!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

The very thought about a “Lock Out” is and has been never part part of the equalization.

It will be business as usual..most of us already know that this and every other contract prior has been calculated 5 to 10 years by both sides. That is why the infamous 2018 was predestined to by ratify where we voted or not, the big deal was agreed to in the 2013 contract.

Starting wage will be over 20 an hour for the part timers, Full timers will probably start out at 25. A big win for the Union will be reducing that 4 year progression, the 22.4 positions can be absorbed into the RPCD’s. If they were used as driving/inside as intended that classification might hang around.

Generally the wage and benefit each year if the contract increases 2 bucks an hour. Half to our Healthcare and Pension the rest to our GWI. The monetary contributions going into our Health and Welfare packages is more than sufficient to maintain or improve our current coverages. The big issue will be our pension contributions or lack of...bottom line is there is plenty of money out there to provide a good pension for every member...the real problem is that the company does not want to share their massive profits to the people that are providing their services.

In most areas the 25 and out early retirement is just a pipe dream... the (attrition) rate guarantees that most of the newer and some of the older veterans will never by able to collect, some will leave on permanent disability, some will quit before they are eligible for benefits. Very few will reach that 25 year formula... face it the wear and tear is not going to improve, in fact it is getting worse with the increasing work schedules.