Puff piece to get some scabs for the strike

rod

Retired 22 years
Back when I work if someone started kidding me about making 20 bucks an hour I would just tell them I have to get that much because my wife spends twice that---

Pullman Brown

They are offering to pay us $250 if we can get one person to stay 60 days

Unbelievable. Nobody wants to work.

Not only that but the labor force is shrinking and is going to continue to shrink in future generations as less children are born. Companies are going to have to raise prices find creative ways to make money/save money. There is going to be stiff competition etc.. Nothing is moving backwards! We are the best by a long shot!

Not only that but the labor force is shrinking and is going to continue to shrink in future generations as less children are born. Companies are going to have to raise prices find creative ways to make money/save money. There is going to be stiff competition etc.. Nothing is moving backwards! We are the best by a long shot!
In that case you think the company would treat us a little bit better then!!

Pullman Brown

In that case you think the company would treat us a little bit better then!!

I think in their minds they justify the working conditions because of what they have agreed to pay us and the benefits package. I remember reading about somebody writing a dissertation on UPS management style culture being semi military. That’s what they want. That is going to be hard to maintain with labor conditions and future generations.

I think in their minds they justify the working conditions because of what they have agreed to pay us and the benefits package. I remember reading about somebody writing a dissertation on UPS management style culture being semi military. That’s what they want. That is going to be hard to maintain with labor conditions and future generations.
It's called management by fear

They have a different workforce to deal with now.

When I started I was happy to have the grunt job of unloading trailers because I knew that once I got my foot in the door I had a chance of a bigger payday and a career

I made more work in 20 to 25 hours a week then I was making it my 40-hour week full-time job

They’re gonna have to do raises across the board for sure.
The Young generation for the most part the gets a part-time job here are just looking for money

They are completely different from when I started because I knew if I could get my foot in the door I could work my way up.
They don't want that, they don't want to drive, they don't want to work 10 hours a day five or six days

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
The Young generation for the most part the gets a part-time job here are just looking for money

They are completely different from when I started because I knew if I could get my foot in the door I could work my way up.
They don't want that, they don't want to drive, they don't want to work 10 hours a day five or six days
These youngsters don’t value having good insurance anymore. Good thing my parents raised me right…SMH
🧔‍♂️✊

Thebrownblob

I started at UPS at 19 years old it saved my life

I love you @UPS
🧔‍♂️✊
It’s funny but it has some truth. The battle we are waging in this next contract is to continue to keep this job as a way for people to move up into the middle and upper middle class. That is what’s at stake. If we do not win, the path to middle class for many narrows even further.