Pulled Over

SmithBarney

Got pulled over on an Indian Reservation... 55 in a 35, in the dark... the $100 ticket hurt but wasn't reported... to the company or insurance..

rod

Retired 22 years
I got pulled over many times. 99% of the time by the same State Trooper looking for his golf stuff. I was also pulled over and questioned about a murder that happened on my route. I was once pulled over for going 57 in a 55 by a cop who apparently was having an extremely bad day. He let me off with a warning because I convinced him I gave a friend....

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Got pulled over during a hurricane and told to get off road ,, called the Empire to tell them and was asked if I could knock off a few stops on way in,, lol. That didn't happen !

AKCoverMan

One night well after dark one peak season a few years back local cop lights me up while driving a rental Uhaul cargo van. I pull over and he walks up and explains that they had had a call about "a suspicious looking man in a Uhaul van driving around the neighborhood and approaching houses".

Told him, "yessir that would be me! If you'll look at my uniform you'll see why." He did and started laughing. To be sure, he checkd my license and DOT card then apologized for holding me up and said he would let the caller know who I was. "I know you guys are really busy right now."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A few years ago I was running late to get to a pickup and was pedal to the floor trying to get to a pickup that closes promptly at closing time. They hate to wait even 1 second. So I get tagged over 55 mph in a 35. I pulled over and before he said a word I said, "Dude I'm really sorry and I know it's not a good excuse but I'm late for a pickup and this really isn't helping. I know the law very well as my brother and father are State Troopers and again I am really sorry. But i really do have to go." He told me to slow it down a little and give myself a little more time next time. And off we both went.

FYI, I always make sure to wave at any police when i am driving by them. A friendly hello today can go a long way tomorrow.

I would have given you a ticket simply for calling me "dude".

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Got pulled over in Indiana by a State Trooper.

He comes to the passenger door and and asks me why I was going 72 in his state.

I said well, about a year ago, my wife left me for an Indiana State Trooper.....and I thought you were trying to bring her back.

He never said a word. He motioned me to get moving and he laughed all the way back to his cruiser.

Pulled over another time in Ohio for going 72. The Trooper asked me why I was going so fast.

I said I was just trying to stay ahead of these two fast trailers behind me.

He chuckled, said slow it down a bit, and walked back to his cruiser laughing all the way.

porkwagon

I got pulled over for going wrong way on a one way. It was a half block I did not want to go around the block to make the delivery. Cop gave me a choice, ticket, or turn around and drive around the block the right way, two laps.
Also got pulled over during a weather emergency/driving ban. Finished the day.
Atta boy!

OPTION3

Wait a minute.......
You openly defied an order by your state/national government?

You truly are ten foot tall and bullet proof.
I wonder if he would be so flippant if a UPS driver ran a stop sign and T-bones the car his new grand baby was riding in? ( God forbid any such thing happen.....but good tier 3 behaviors, or lack of in this case.....are NO joking matter)

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I went down a one way yrs ago , no houses or bus on this weird street ,, did it everyday !! detective came out of the house screaming at me ,,, his mother called him back in house and told him to leave that nice boy alone he comes here every day , then she made him apologize to me and sign for her pkg !! Lol. Laughed my balls off all day !!

Overpaid Union Thug

In my area the cops on the rural routes won't pull us over for speeding as long as we slow down when we see them and wave at them. I think the wave for them is a gesture of thanks for not pulling us over. One time a driver slowed down but did not wave and was pulled over.