Pumping gas on route

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Sometimes fuel drops don't make it to the building in a timely manner, and The fuelers don't fuel. It's still your responsibility as a driver to pre trip your fuel tank. It is sure easier to drop some coin at a fuel stop and limp back into the building, then request reimbursement. Not so easy to wait on the side of the road for 2 hours for the mechanic to bring you fuel.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have bought fuel on many occasions, as well as headlights, turn signal bulbs, flasher units, wiper blades and repair links for tire chains. Never once had a problem getting reimbursed. I just make sure to use my credit card and hang on to the receipt. Usually I get my money back that night, or at the latest the next day. In the old days when we collected cash for COD's we bought whatever we needed with that cash and submitted the receipts with our turn-in. Old habits die hard I guess.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I've had to get towed back because I ran out of gas. Don't be THAT guy.
I did that too. But didn't get towed, they brought out some fuel. Wasn't my fault, gauge was messed. Next time I had that truck the shop marked the dash, "Check fuel, gauge broken".

Back in the COD-cash days, all you had to do is submit the fuel voucher and subtract the amount from your cash total.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I did that too. But didn't get towed, they brought out some fuel. Wasn't my fault, gauge was messed. Next time I had that truck the shop marked the dash, "Check fuel, gauge broken".

Back in the COD-cash days, all you had to do is submit the fuel voucher and subtract the amount from your cash total.

We could also buy washer fluid. Not anymore.

upschuck

I ran out of gas once, about a half mile from building, sup yelled, but gas guage said I had a bit less than quarter tank. Oh well.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Gas cards are expensive apparently. My card expired and they didn't have the budget to replace it. I had to write down the number off another gas card and the gas station clerk has to put it in manually.
Many places won't do this and I don't blame them. The night they had to bring me another truck 1 station wouldn't take a written down number and the other didn't take American Express. I had driven well over 300 miles on what was normally a 200 mile route because of a terrible dispatch. That's their problem. Not mine.