Purple Promise

AB831

Perhaps at one time but this is getting to be "whistling through the cemetery" stuff. Sure, on occasion there were hubs and terminals that would fall behind but dig their way out of it in a couple of days. Now it's happening with much greater frequency and they ain't getting caught up nearly as fast. What that's telling me is that it's a structural issue that begins with overselling the service.
I think we may have gotten off on the wrong foot, because everything you have said in this thread is 100% accurate. I’ve actually used the term “whistling past the graveyard” when talking to my buddy about the company’s current stance on things.

It will be fine

I think we may have gotten off on the wrong foot, because everything you have said in this thread is 100% accurate. I’ve actually used the term “whistling past the graveyard” when talking to my buddy about the company’s current stance on things.
How do you see that happening? All shippers abandoning FedEx and going where? There’s not a ton of extra capacity in the small package business right now.

dezguy

My station has been going nonstop since all this crap started. This is usually the “off season” when routes are cut and people get minimums. It’s not happening this year. Plus, according to many people on the FedEx Facebook page, it’s heavy at their stations also. Your senior lied.

We died way down when lockdown first started, for about two weeks. It was actually a little scary but since, it's been busier than peak.

We're literally having over a hundred to two hundred dex 01s a day that aren't even being touched to get loaded onto a truck. I've never seen them move pt guys to ft and hire off the street as much as they have in the past 3 months, in the 2 decades + I've been here.
What is hipp? Feels like I asked you that before. Lol.
Hourly incentive performance pay

FedEx sets a number for our profits for the year and if we hit it, hourlies get a bonus.

We were well ahead of goal before lockdown, had two weeks of down volume and then breaking station records every week since but we get "oh sorry, we didn't hit goals this year." B.S.!

bacha29

How do you see that happening? All shippers abandoning FedEx and going where? There’s not a ton of extra capacity in the small package business right now.
Capacity? Oh Fat Freddy Ground has plenty of that. But judging by the frantic and desperate help wanted pleas posted online just getting the required number of people needed to get the network up and running at full capacity is why there's no extra capacity.

Can't run a sort belt if there's nobody there to run it.

robdabanks

Our station has been buried since the lock down. We got caught up by Memorial Day, just to fall behind again. We have had outside contractors taking over flow.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We died way down when lockdown first started, for about two weeks. It was actually a little scary but since, it's been busier than peak.

We're literally having over a hundred to two hundred dex 01s a day that aren't even being touched to get loaded onto a truck. I've never seen them move pt guys to ft and hire off the street as much as they have in the past 3 months, in the 2 decades + I've been here.

Hourly incentive performance pay

FedEx sets a number for our profits for the year and if we hit it, hourlies get a bonus.

We were well ahead of goal before lockdown, had two weeks of down volume and then breaking station records every week since but we get "oh sorry, we didn't hit goals this year." B.S.!
Sounds like a bonus we used to get years ago. Can’t remember what it was called.

It will be fine

Capacity? Oh Fat Freddy Ground has plenty of that. But judging by the frantic and desperate help wanted pleas posted online just getting the required number of people needed to get the network up and running at full capacity is why there's no extra capacity.

Can't run a sort belt if there's nobody there to run it.
That’s the point. Ground isn’t going to lose all its customers anytime soon. There’s nowhere for them to go. There will be plenty of workers once the government stops paying people to stay home.

bacha29

Ya , they’ll flock to ground for a week and then quit after they realize the scam
Once word of a rotten employer/employment deal gets on the word of mouth airwaves it's hard for an employer to live it down . Fat Freddy Ground had a hard time finding people to work for him before COVID hit.

AB831

Same as it ever was. Most people can’t do this type of work. More will be willing with unemployment between 10-15%. The paying people $1k/week to not work isn’t the best idea and it won’t last forever.
That's a good point, but surely you think there will be a noticeable drop off in quality and brand image with so many of the people who get hired either saying ":censored2: this" after a week or two coupled with all of the other ones who are just going to do the bare minimum to pick up a check for a few weeks while looking for other jobs.

It will be fine

That's a good point, but surely you think there will be a noticeable drop off in quality and brand image with so many of the people who get hired either saying ":censored2: this" after a week or two coupled with all of the other ones who are just going to do the bare minimum to pick up a check for a few weeks while looking for other jobs.
Noticeable to whom? I’ve always had people that quit after short stints. The turnover in the building is dramatically worse than I ever have. Even a bad driver is going to successfully complete 98% of their stops on a given day. I don’t think shippers really care as long as their stuff gets delivered the majority of the time. Ground will still be the cheapest option, some loss is baked in. Shippers know what they’re getting.

Gone fishin

Noticeable to whom? I’ve always had people that quit after short stints. The turnover in the building is dramatically worse than I ever have. Even a bad driver is going to successfully complete 98% of their stops on a given day. I don’t think shippers really care as long as their stuff gets delivered the majority of the time. Ground will still be the cheapest option, some loss is baked in. Shippers know what they’re getting.
The problem is people aren’t getting their stuff. They’re far behind

AB831

Noticeable to the people whose freight is under a tarp in some station’s parking lot

It will be fine

Noticeable to the people whose freight is under a tarp in some station’s parking lot
The Karens don’t really matter. The shippers do. If shippers are still sending freight through the Ground network into Oak Park right now it’s their fault, maybe they don’t care. They still get cheap shipping and can blame delays on FedEx. Everybody wins.

It will be fine

The problem is people aren’t getting their stuff. They’re far behind
2 weeks ago the majority of our terminal shut down for the riots. Trucks were being hijacked. Our station was caught back up this past weekend. There aren’t total network failures. There are isolated areas that are struggling.

Gone fishin

The Karens don’t really matter. The shippers do. If shippers are still sending freight through the Ground network into Oak Park right now it’s their fault, maybe they don’t care. They still get cheap shipping and can blame delays on FedEx. Everybody wins.
It’s not just happening at Oak Park , that’s the problem. Good luck , changes are coming

bacha29

And when they discover that what they got is far less than the bull feces story the salesman fed them they quickly come to the realization that the few pennies per box FXG saved them isn't worth the aggravation .