Purple Promise

AB831

Pardon me, indefinite article. And considering everything, yes.
LMAO. Yeah, you have a point that I was being a grammar Nazi and no one likes that. I will concede to that. However, you're not going to show me up on grammar. It's just not going to happen, so let's not even bother wasting time on a pissing contest over it. I will concede that I was being obnoxious though, so is that fair?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
LMAO. Yeah, you have a point that I was being a grammar Nazi and no one likes that. I will concede to that. However, you're not going to show me up on grammar. It's just not going to happen, so let's not even bother wasting time on a pissing contest over it. I will concede that I was being obnoxious also, so is that fair?
Fixed it for ya.

bbsam

Staff member
Perhaps at one time but this is getting to be "whistling through the cemetery" stuff. Sure, on occasion there were hubs and terminals that would fall behind but dig their way out of it in a couple of days. Now it's happening with much greater frequency and they ain't getting caught up nearly as fast. What that's telling me is that it's a structural issue that begins with overselling the service.
Where? I know about the Oak Park mess but where else?

I do think they went ahead with a far too ambitious schedule of change but overall I haven’t seen the complete catastrophe you’re speaking of.

Gone fishin

Where? I know about the Oak Park mess but where else?

I do think they went ahead with a far too ambitious schedule of change but overall I haven’t seen the complete catastrophe you’re speaking of.
Our area ground hub is behind 5 days at least. Trailers backed up

bbsam

Staff member
You’re absolutely right. They completely remove the element of humanity from it. You don’t need to be compensated reasonably for your effort, you work for FedEx, and the pride that brings should be more than enough for you. Well, it’s their right to run their business however they see fit, but when their oh-so-important image suffers from it, they’ll have no one to blame but themselves.
Nah. We run roughly 12000 stops a day out of our terminal. If every contractor got a complaint a day, that doesn’t add up to squat. Everybody’s heard the stories but for the vast majority or customers, they get their stuff when they expect it. Sometimes sooner.

SmithBarney

They report 4th quarter earnings June 29th it will be a disaster between the drop in Express volume an d the Ground disaster look out below.
Are you kidding, volume at Express is through the roof, money back guarantee has been cancelled, ground might be a disaster but FDX is still taking customers money for shipments. Only thing that slowed at Express were high revenue packages <2lbs Envelopes are the highest "profit" package, and many businesses have been shuttered for a while.

AB831

Are you kidding, volume at Express is through the roof, money back guarantee has been cancelled, ground might be a disaster but FDX is still taking customers money for shipments. Only thing that slowed at Express were high revenue packages <2lbs Envelopes are the highest "profit" package, and many businesses have been shuttered for a while.
Unfortunately volume isn’t indicative of how a company like Express is doing since they waste money faster than they can make it.

bacha29

Unfortunately volume isn’t indicative of how a company like Express is doing since they waste money faster than they can make it.
It is a company that is comprised of a bunch of acquisitions that are bolted together..........Just like the way the Titanic was built.
You know, just bolt em all together and hope it'll float.

AB831

It is a company that is comprised of a bunch of acquisitions that are bolted together..........Just like the way the Titanic was built.
You know, just bolt em all together and hope it'll float.
And tell everyone you're unsinkable even after you're visibly taking on water. Excellent analogy.

zeev

Fast Freddy sold 18 mil. worth May 8 at 117. a share. They have delayed announcement for good reason.