Purple Promise

bacha29

No doubt there is still some growth left in the e-commerce world . The trouble is Fat Freddy Ground come hell or high water is going for broke to get as much of it as it can and in the process exhausting the limited vehicle and personnel resources the contractor has.

In many areas you can't get a rental on a whim and qualified drivers don't just grow on trees outside the terminal.

This latest dash for the cash has one clearly believing that something big is coming.

1. An all cash offer for controlling interest in Hermes?
2. Fear that a Democrat grand slam in November brings about an entire new political agenda that is not favorable to Fat Freddy?
3. Worries regarding a crushing recession bordering on a depression wrecks the international air freight business and recovery takes years?
4. Growing tensions on the Korean Peninsula and in the South China Sea makes safe and economical air routes a little harder to come by?
5. An unsolicited and unfriendly buy out offer comes out of nowhere from a cash laden but not that well known overseas conglomerate?

Whatever it is I bet that it's got the man in the high castle feeling a little uneasy.

McFeely

Huge Member
Sounds like a bonus we used to get years ago. Can’t remember what it was called.

Was that the Purple Payout or something? I vaguely remembering getting those 1 or 2x a year.

I also remember my ops manager saying they did away with that PP so they could roll it into payrate increases. What a friggin sham :speechless2:

AB831

Was that the Purple Payout or something? I vaguely remembering getting those 1 or 2x a year.

I also remember my ops manager saying they did away with that PP so they could roll it into payrate increases. What a friggin sham :speechless2:
So they took away your bonus to give you a raise which they also never give you?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
FedEx and the word “cares” should never be used in the same sentence unless you’re referring to their tax writ....I mean, humanitarian program.

People act like that's shady or disingenuous. The fact is that it's cheaper for them to not do anything than it is to donate to charity and then claim the applicable deduction.

59 Dano

No doubt there is still some growth left in the e-commerce world . The trouble is Fat Freddy Ground come hell or high water is going for broke to get as much of it as it can and in the process exhausting the limited vehicle and personnel resources the contractor has.

In many areas you can't get a rental on a whim and qualified drivers don't just grow on trees outside the terminal.

This latest dash for the cash has one clearly believing that something big is coming.

1. An all cash offer for controlling interest in Hermes?
2. Fear that a Democrat grand slam in November brings about an entire new political agenda that is not favorable to Fat Freddy?
3. Worries regarding a crushing recession bordering on a depression wrecks the international air freight business and recovery takes years?
4. Growing tensions on the Korean Peninsula and in the South China Sea makes safe and economical air routes a little harder to come by?
5. An unsolicited and unfriendly buy out offer comes out of nowhere from a cash laden but not that well known overseas conglomerate?

Whatever it is I bet that it's got the man in the high castle feeling a little uneasy.

You don't think outside of the box, you think outside of the universe.

bacha29

You don't think outside of the box, you think outside of the universe.
I see you just came back from the academy. But, the good news is that the new longer lasting electroshock and waterboarding treatments will result in fewer withdrawal symptoms and we're all very happy for you Dano.......And so is your mom because all of the smashed and cracked plaster she's had to replace as the result of all your convulsions and head banging on her walls over the years got to be pretty costly after awhile.

zeev

The virus or riots never the terrible mismanagement Walmart Target Best Buy will really be impressed when contract time comes.

59 Dano

I see you just came back from the academy. But, the good news is that the new longer lasting electroshock and waterboarding treatments will result in fewer withdrawal symptoms and we're all very happy for you Dano.......And so is your mom because all of the smashed and cracked plaster she's had to replace as the result of all your convulsions and head banging on her walls over the years got to be pretty costly after awhile.

Slow day up in the jing weeds, is it?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
That’s the point. Ground isn’t going to lose all its customers anytime soon. There’s nowhere for them to go. There will be plenty of workers once the government stops paying people to stay home.
It's starting to burn some drivers out.... they are realizing that the pay doesn't equal the effort & they're getting sloppy by bringing stuff back when they're FedUp on certain days.

I can only spread so much positivity and teamwork to a select few, but can't help them all. I'll say good luck with the next job & this is only a dead end but gets a weekly paycheck.

if our management can't hire more soon, we're going to be short handed.

Back to the 7~day grind...

AB831

It's starting to burn some drivers out.... they are realizing that the pay doesn't equal the effort & they're getting sloppy by bringing stuff back when they're FedUp on certain days.

I can only spread so much positivity and teamwork to a select few, but can't help them all. I'll say good luck with the next job & this is only a dead end but gets a weekly paycheck.

Are you working seven days a week? That would burn anyone out before too long. I can't even imagine what Christmas season is going to look like this year.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Sounds like a bonus we used to get years ago. Can’t remember what it was called.

You’re talking about ProPay. You got a bonus check twice a year, once every six months when you reached top of range (back when it was possible to do so.) Yeah, leave it to FedEx to take away something good like that.

bacha29

Perhaps Orion it was more of a case of them realizing that no matter how hard, how productive and how dedicated they were to the task in the end they were going to come away with nothing.
In the meantime continue with your consistent and dependable effort. Everything else is a contractor problem that requires a contractor solution.