Put some REAL Teeth in 9.5!

542thruNthru

They want us to tell them whether THEY will violate....

I don't see it as my responsibility???

I argue with my center manager all the time, when he claims that "we violated 9.5"???

That's the mindset of management, we're guilty until proven innocent.

I tell my center manager all the time.
"I am not allowed to dispatch myself which you have made clear on numerous occasions"

That really sets him off.

F

Frankie's Friend

Personally, I find the present language to have ample "teeth".....if you have the fortitude and the game to enact "the process"???
20180614_002731.jpg

Your new BA is ready bro dude.

35years

Gravy route
Simple solution ...
1. 9.5 list is automagic unless you want off.
2. No driver on the 9.5 list will be disciplined for bringing back stops as missed after completing 9 hours of work and informing management by the 6th hour.

wilberforce15

Simpler solution. 9.5 list is automagic with no choice to be on or off. Every route, every day, in every center, must be under 9.5 or face triple-pay for extra time, or no discipline for bringing stops back.

542thruNthru

Simpler solution. 9.5 list is automagic with no choice to be on or off. Every route, every day, in every center, must be under 9.5 or face triple-pay for extra time, or no discipline for bringing stops back.

As much as I like being on the 9.5 list. I don't feel like teamsters should force other members to join it. I believe this proposal would take away people's choice for OT.

Local 705 for life

It would take away the choice for OT. It would probably also save 1000 divorces a year and create ft jobs better than any other measure.
Big brown can no longer deceive anyone it's clearly out open the is keeping its profit margin the same as it always been. Now they are turning on its partner in crime all management employees are not safe from its destructive mentally and desperation for profits.

542thruNthru

It would take away the choice for OT. It would probably also save 1000 divorces a year and create ft jobs better than any other measure.

So we are now making choices for people? In the 4 centers I've been in there are more people that want OT then don't. Yes it would create more fulltime jobs but it would also put a ton of strain on many members that want or need IT.

And as I'm sure you know. Money issues are the main cause of divorce.

Local 705 for life

So we are now making choices for people? In the 4 centers I've been in there are more people that want OT then don't. Yes it would create more fulltime jobs but it would also put a ton of strain on many members that want or need IT. They are sealing the company fate. They are transferring wealth internationally and all kind of mergers are being made to position it self on many platforms of finance. They consuming companies on a very alarming rate.

And as I'm sure you know. Money issues are the main cause of divorce.

wilberforce15

The $14/hr guys need full time jobs more than guys making $36/hr need OT.

If they can't make it on $80k, they're not gonna make it on $100k either because it's a behavior problem, not an income problem.

DOK

Any driver on the 9.5 is to be out no later than 9.5 hours. (Until such time driver elects to no longer ne on 9.5)
If there are stops that do not get delivered, that is on Management for failing to have a 9.5 hour day on the truck.
If Management wants the remaining stops delivered, THEY will have to deliver them, (though grievances cannot be filed for Management working) not send another driver out, unless one who is not on 9.5 wants to deliver them.
Anyone else feel this is a good way to deal with the 9.5 issue?

It’s already this way in some locals, so yeah sounds good.