Put some REAL Teeth in 9.5!

Local 705 for life

Then on to management ?

Just wondering where you are coming from

A lot of management shills pretending to be rank and file around contract time.
No problem brother I am thick skinned after all these years. I came out hub in Palestine and Addison Illinois centers with 250-300 routes per center. Where you from

Local 705 for life

I tell my center manager all the time.
"I am not allowed to dispatch myself which you have made clear on numerous occasions"

That really sets him off.
they never liked me because I was a steward and they wanted me on fast track management ladder because I was a part-time supervisor for a couple of years.

Brown Down

What is your formula for determining a 9.5 day?
You can't determine a 9.5 day but you can push everyone rightbto the edge of 8.5 on an 8 hour request. You guys know what we average on our routes. You don't want these proposed penalties then quit pushing things to the edge and dispatch at 9 hours. Gives you 30 minutes just in case of an emergency, extra traffic, etc etc.

35years

Gravy route
You can't determine a 9.5 day but you can push everyone rightbto the edge of 8.5 on an 8 hour request. You guys know what we average on our routes. You don't want these proposed penalties then quit pushing things to the edge and dispatch at 9 hours. Gives you 30 minutes just in case of an emergency, extra traffic, etc etc.
Which is why it is far more effective to just say no penalty for bringing in stops to stay under 9.5.

It works in the Central region for 8hr requests. No grievance to file, just tell them how many you will bring back and they suddenly find help for you, and eventually they dispatch correctly to avoid the hassle. Same would happen for 9.5 days.

I have not worked over 8.3 on an 8 hr request for years. Most are a 7.5 hr days.