PVD Advice

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
When pulling into a farm yard after dark in a U Haul I have the high beams on, the four way flashers and honking the horn. No way do I want to be looking at the business end of a 12 gauge.
I warn my customers ahead of time last month every peak that there will be rental vans driving around in the dark, including me...
sketch-1575519899074.png

My regular FedEx box truck is down with a bad water pump, radiator, plastic serpentine belt tensioner pulley disintegrated... I had a sexy Ford transit for the past week, but had to upgrade to a box truck so I can cram more pieces per day

DSC_0240.JPG

This is after my first 60 stops... 140 to go at 1500. I preloaded it like a mini trailer in total stop order 6 walls. Stress free without any micro management on my butt

I prefer the budget rental that is 12' but they have none, 10' is just too small for the amount of irreg and oversized boxes we're getting lately

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Can someone explain to me why so many people around here hate PVD’s so much? We’re seasonal drivers hated as well? What about helpers?
I warn my customers ahead of time last month every peak that there will be rental vans driving around in the dark, including me...View attachment 274731

My regular FedEx box truck is down with a bad water pump, radiator, plastic serpentine belt tensioner pulley disintegrated... I had a sexy Ford transit for the past week, but had to upgrade to a box truck so I can cram more pieces per day

View attachment 274732
This is after my first 60 stops... 140 to go at 1500. I preloaded it like a mini trailer in total stop order 6 walls. Stress free without any micro management on my butt

I prefer the budget rental that is 12' but they have none, 10' is just too small for the amount of irreg and oversized boxes we're getting lately
I would kill for that volume. Lol. We are getting hammered.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
we don’t have them here yet as far as I know.
I'm in a major mideast city and I can tell you that your better off without the headaches. We have to shuttle pvd routes on our way to route and dispense and pickup their phones too. Seasonal drivers are much more effective and versatile then pvd drivers.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I would kill for that volume. Lol. We are getting hammered.
So are we... I just rolled 80 pieces last night (out of 240 in this dumb vehicle), clocked out at 00:01

_20191206_071714.JPG

That's after 30 stops yesterday and it's still bricked out, LoL

clean hairy

I warn my customers ahead of time last month every peak that there will be rental vans driving around in the dark, including me...View attachment 274731

View attachment 274732

The 3 Bears?
16' is too big, 10' is too small, and 12' is just right?

rocket man

Hi everyone!

I stumbled upon this forum when I was waiting to get hired as a PVD and have been lurking for awhile. This is my third week driving as a PVD and I think I’m getting the hang of it. I haven’t heard any complaints from the driver I’m helping, but I’ve seen some of you have had some negative experiences with PVD’s in your area.

That being said I’m looking for general advice on how to make life easier for the driver I’m helping and how to make sure I’m eligible to get hired on for next year.

Thanks in advance everyone, Happy Peak!
Scan get a job with us during the year