PVD drivers

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow. I would like to thank you for enlightening me. I plan on calling the pension office and asking them to suspend my pension benefit until I see the error of my ways.

....or I could just discard what I consider to be a less than credible opinion from someone whom I would not have associated with while I was working, let alone as a retiree on an anonymous Internet chat forum....

Yeah, I like that option better.

Buh-bye.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
You would have got to see the company.... for what they really are.

Not this grand illusion, you have made up in your mind.
Dont worry, he never needed anyone's support. He negotiated his own contract.
Ever seen those sucker fish hanging on a shark or whale's mouth?
They're self sufficient as well.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Wow. I would like to thank you for enlightening me. I plan on calling the pension office and asking them to suspend my pension benefit until I see the error of my ways.

....or I could just discard what I consider to be a less than credible opinion from someone whom I would not have associated with while I was working, let alone as a retiree on an anonymous Internet chat forum....

Yeah, I like that option better.

Buh-bye.
Again.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Ok, what Dave is trying to convey is why the union are after temporary workers??? I see no union bashing here; just the way that union is trying to collect dues from people who may not be needed after the peak meat grinder is done with most of them.

Wait until they are finally in the company, FT or PT, to start collecting the initiation/ union dues.

It should be that way & maybe the company can get better seasonal help...

then, they can make a list on who stays after peak & who goes to the "do not rehire" list

Hmmmm, maybe they are making up for the real scabs in RTW states who aren't paying into the union???

542thruNthru

Ok, what Dave is trying to convey is why the union are after temporary workers??? I see no union bashing here; just the way that union is trying to collect dues from people who may not be needed after the peak meat grinder is done with most of them.

Wait until they are finally in the company, FT or PT, to start collecting the initiation/ union dues.

then, they can make a list on who stays after peak & who goes to the "do not rehire" list

Hmmmm, maybe they are making up for the real scabs in RTW states who aren't paying into the union???

Oh no... you did it now purple eggplant guy...
:backingout:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

UPS has been pushing the limits on seasonal workers every contract. It's gotten to be where seasonal employees are allowed 4 - 6 months out of the year. If you were the union, would you let the company have seasonals that long, knowing you wouldn't be getting dues? Nope, you would insist they hire more bargaining unit employees.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
seasonal employees are allowed 4 - 6 months out of the year.

1*ghsS6XcszTfl9UTYGdYsSg.jpeg

Who would work as a seasonal for that long??? May as well classify them as 22.4s so they can pay into the union then...

Boywondr

The truth never changes.

Again, the company interviews these seasonal people and fails to tell them the whole story. Then, it's all the union's fault when the other shoe drops? Ok.

Hmmmm, we dont care what Dave says. We thought retirement dissolved the hemorrhoid.

Zowert

The PVDs here are a pain in the ass. We have clearly marked signs for where to line up, but every morning there are a handful of idiots who show up early to beat the line. These early birds think the line starts right in front of our gate (where we all roll out in the morning). Yesterday a few of them were parked in front of the gate blocking us all in. We honked, gestured them to get tf out of our way but they just sat there and looked at us like a deer in headlights. They didn’t move until two drivers and security walked up and yelled at them. If my air was late I was going to blame them. Idiots.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Again, the company interviews these seasonal people and fails to tell them the whole story. Then, it's all the union's fault when the other shoe drops? Ok.

Hmmmm, we dont care what Dave says. We thought retirement dissolved the hemorrhoid.
Nah, the union is basically scamming seasonal/temp help with dues and fees. The fact their excuse is " ups keeps a bunch of them if they want to stay" is a major cop out. The vast majority of seasonal help is too smart for that or not that desperate.

specter208

PVDs are absolutely going to be cutting into my seasonal helper hours this year. We already don't get to work before an off-the-street helper, now the hole is dug even deeper.
This is to say nothing about how they might have influenced management to disqualify the vast majority of an already thin list of insiders from driving these last two months.
Why promote insiders to regular drivers, when you have 22.4? But now it seems they really wanted PVDs.
?? In my building, insiders get first couple weeks to work before outsiders are called in to reinforce.

MattM

Wow. UPS is getting brave. In my center, they never used to take dues or fees from true seasonal workers (those hired 5-6 weeks out from Christmas). Only those they wanted to keep, did they start to take fees and dues from at that post peak time frame. That was also when starting wages were $8.50-$10.00. I wonder if the new hire seasonals in my building are having dues taken out now since they’re starting at $14.

It always felt like a courtesy that my bosses gave to 4-6 week seasonal guys. I always heard they should have taken dues out right away but chose not to. But that's not the ups I know lol.

Question, if one quits within their initiation 10 week time frame, do they receive those fees back? We have a number of people who quit within a month once they saw dues and fees coming out.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Wow. UPS is getting brave. In my center, they never used to take dues or fees from true seasonal workers (those hired 5-6 weeks out from Christmas). Only those they wanted to keep, did they start to take fees and dues from at that post peak time frame. That was also when starting wages were $8.50-$10.00. I wonder if the new hire seasonals in my building are having dues taken out now since they’re starting at $14.

It always felt like a courtesy that my bosses gave to 4-6 week seasonal guys. I always heard they should have taken dues out right away but chose not to. But that's not the ups I know lol.

Question, if one quits within their initiation 10 week time frame, do they receive those fees back? We have a number of people who quit within a month once they saw dues and fees coming out.
U srs?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Company has nothing to do with deciding whether seasonals are gouged------that is the Union's decision and I have to give props to my former local for not going down that road.

The Company deducts dues and/or initiation fees based upon a list submitted by the Union on a weekly or monthly basis, depending upon how often dues are deducted.