PVDs

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by MenInBrown, Dec 8, 2018.

1. brownIEman

brownIEman Well-Known Member

Gosh dang it, I bought a nice used Dodge Grand Caravan cause I thought you'd guys'd be on a wild cat strike over those scabs and I'd be making some mad strike busting money with it by now. What gives?!

:raspberry-tounge:

2. WorkingAsDirected

WorkingAsDirected Active Member

It is his noble right.

3. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I was wondering how many people would know what that was. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  4. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of own destiny

We wrote some last yr. They were just dropped cause the union thought it was ok. Last yr we had 4. 3 crashed their cars. This yr we have 8. Union concessions

5. Welcome back

6. 3 done 3 to go

Whew! That was a headache

7. 3 done 3 to go

Thanks

8. 3 done 3 to go

So did upstate quit? When he retired

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Apparently

10. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

Wdfd....

11. Griffin1820

Griffin1820 File! File! File!

Tried to file when they started taking applications back in October. My local contacted the IBT for advice as to how it should be handled.
    As of the first Wednesday of December my grievance was postponed during a hearing because our local has yet to hear anything from the IBT

12. RPSman

RPSman Member

13. RPSman

RPSman Member

I tried this in Christmas season 2018. They misrepresented the position, saying we would be doing rural deliveries, so that the union drivers could concentrate on urban deliveries. When we showed up for training, they switched on us, and told us we would be delivering small packages to urban residences. 6 people applied, only two of us were hired. My supervisor who trained me was a nice enough guy, but given his age, he was playing Nintendo with his childhood friends when I was slammed with deliveries at RPS during the 1997 UPS strike. Didn't get my packages until 11:00 am, sometimes 11:30 am. I was using a short Aerostar cargo van. Was trying to get past the training and the supervisor, so I could load the van correctly, as I delivered a pharmaceutical route from 2000 to 2003, using a short Aerostar van. Due to frustration with the micro managing and my fuel card being pulled by my credit card company, I said: "no thanks". Would rather go to Virginia and drive for LaserShip or out west and drive for OnTrac. All Teamsters need to stand united and get the PVD prohibited in the union contract.

14. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

15. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

This guy is so annoying. I really don't understand how anyone can listen to him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

Dude is high strung

17. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

They're getting $590 for every 1000 miles driven. Surely that can be applied to turn signals and oil changes.