PVDs

brownIEman

Gosh dang it, I bought a nice used Dodge Grand Caravan cause I thought you'd guys'd be on a wild cat strike over those scabs and I'd be making some mad strike busting money with it by now. What gives?!

:raspberry-tounge:

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We wrote some last yr. They were just dropped cause the union thought it was ok. Last yr we had 4. 3 crashed their cars. This yr we have 8. Union concessions

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Tried to file when they started taking applications back in October. My local contacted the IBT for advice as to how it should be handled.
As of the first Wednesday of December my grievance was postponed during a hearing because our local has yet to hear anything from the IBT

RPSman

Gosh dang it, I bought a nice used Dodge Grand Caravan cause I thought you'd guys'd be on a wild cat strike over those scabs and I'd be making some mad strike busting money with it by now. What gives?!

:raspberry-tounge:
I tried this in Christmas season 2018. They misrepresented the position, saying we would be doing rural deliveries, so that the union drivers could concentrate on urban deliveries. When we showed up for training, they switched on us, and told us we would be delivering small packages to urban residences. 6 people applied, only two of us were hired. My supervisor who trained me was a nice enough guy, but given his age, he was playing Nintendo with his childhood friends when I was slammed with deliveries at RPS during the 1997 UPS strike. Didn't get my packages until 11:00 am, sometimes 11:30 am. I was using a short Aerostar cargo van. Was trying to get past the training and the supervisor, so I could load the van correctly, as I delivered a pharmaceutical route from 2000 to 2003, using a short Aerostar van. Due to frustration with the micro managing and my fuel card being pulled by my credit card company, I said: "no thanks". Would rather go to Virginia and drive for LaserShip or out west and drive for OnTrac. All Teamsters need to stand united and get the PVD prohibited in the union contract.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The personal vehicle driver thing is quite a greedy move by UPS but because the PVD meets with drivers away from the building, nobody sees it taking place to file a grievance against it. UPS is transferring the massive costs of maintaining a delivery vehicle onto a poor low-wage driver who can barely afford to pay his/her vehicle notes and saving the company millions. This really should be illegal to not compensate these drivers 100% for all wear/tear/damage caused during delivery clock hours. Not 10% or 75% recovery, but 100% of the maintenance that UPS would normally have to perform should be given to the personal driver, including mechanic hours that would have been required for such maintenance to be performed at the center. Free oil changes, headlight replacements, tail light replacements, blinker and relay replacements, windshield replacements from rock cracks, etc., new tires, coolant, UPS logos for the doors and back window, and $.50 over the price of all gasoline consumed TO and FROM the first and last delivery location, and this is just a few of the compensations that the company owes these drivers!

Knowing that UPS would NEVER agree to compensating such a driver fairly, it should be demanded that until the company does agree to do this that the PVD should be banned immediately and whoever files a grievance on it gets 3x his/her hourly pay rate for every hour the company screwed over a PVD and his vehicle.
They're getting $590 for every 1000 miles driven. Surely that can be applied to turn signals and oil changes.