QAnon

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Does anyone understand why people form conspiracy theories? It's due, at least in this case, to previously dependable sources of information becoming so obviously tainted and disconnected from reality. Many people are forced to come up some way to explain all the apparent contradictions, just so they can go about their lives. A theory is just that, a theory. I'm more concerned with the constant deception coming from the supposedly trusted news outlets.

Just think about this: how many people believe the official version of the Kennedy Assassination?

Box Ox

Does anyone understand why people form conspiracy theories? It's due, at least in this case, to previously dependable sources of information becoming so obviously tainted and disconnected from reality. Many people are forced to come up some way to explain all the apparent contradictions, just so they can go about their lives.

Indeed. Religion works in much the same way.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Indeed. Religion works in much the same way.

More over, people work that way. When confronted with something unfamiliar, or not understood, people have this built in function that's great for survival, called fight or flight. We can't stay in that mode forever, so we have this other function that allows us to come out of that mode, the nearest I can tell it's called story-telling, or narrative. It's a means of moving the unknown into the known realm, right or wrong, so that we can start behaving rationally again.

At that point the higher cognitive functions can start up again, and we can investigate further. Unfortunately, we're still in the process of perfecting that last step, and a lot of times the fight or flight and narrative functions get in the way.

JJinVA

Conspiracies can (and do) happen all the time. The Iran Contra was an infamous example where people were caught in a conspiracy. Thats just one example, I could list dozens but it doesnt matter really. If people are gullible enough to believe that there is no such thing as a liar in this world, no amount of evidence will reverse their flawed judgment. However, theres always two kinds of people, rational conspiracy theorists, with theories soundly based in reality, and irrational conspiracy theorists, who think lizard people are the REAL culprits here.

Anytime people immediately write something off as a conspiracy theory, what theyre really saying is, "I hope it isnt true." (Or, "I hope I dont get caught so let me try to dismiss this before anyone takes it seriously"). Are there powerful pedos in the world? Sure. Epstein was one of them. He made a living bribing other powerful pedophiles. Of course theyre there otherwise Epstein would have been another guy pushing carts in the Lowes parking lot back to the building. Its how he made and maintained his fortune.

As far as QAnon goes, I think its ridiculous and has no merit. Just people wanting desperately to believe they are the masterminds behind the solution. Just as cultish as the Mask Police. Any degree of anonymity is prone to infiltration, misdirection, misinformation etc. The first time I heard about the Q thing I just laughed. Sorry, this isnt a Scooby Doo episode where everyone is a detective. Ppl have an internet connection and think they have access to the same info the intelligence services have access to (not that they utilize it but still). Its hocus pocus and just another diversion tactic as far as Im concerned.

oldngray

nowhere special
you-look-like-this.jpeg

newfie

You really believe NO conservatives abort their fetuses?

I know they don't fight for the right to do so. Definitely do not try to park these abortion ovens in black neighborhoods.
Never heard of conservative talking about aboarting a live fetus