Qualifying.. numbers

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
So in a few weeks I'll be quailifying.. what should I be expecting??
Don't be slow.
Don't forget to scan every package.
Don't hit anything.
Don't misdeliver anything.
Don't call out sick.
Don't forget to make 3 points of contact walking in/off truck.
Don't deliver a next day air after 10:30.
Don't get hurt.
Don't take too long sorting packages.
Don't stop complete a commercial next day saver after 3pm.
Don't get pulled over by the police.
Don't bother finding sales leads.
Don't run, walk at a brisk pace.
Don't be distracted while driving.
Don't miss any pickups.
Don't use your phone GPS to find EVERY stop.
Don't take lunch until you qualify.
Don't get stuck in driveways.
Don't fail to compete driver followups and call tags not in the diad.
Don't drive with your bulkhead door open.
Don't leave garbage in the package car at the end of the day.
Don't deliver closed commercial stops between noon and 1pm.
Don't drink too much soda and coffee.
Don't celebrate after your last stop, the green light will come on.
Don't forget to separate your air pickups and exception packages.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
With your Supervisor
1) Check with a sup to see if they know where you'll be going out so you can study some maps ahead of time.
2) Your ORS is supposed to go out with you for 3 days then you're on your own. Use that time wisely.
3) During those 3 days, if you remember to do anything, memorize where your businesses are. Make it a top priority.

In the AM.

1) When you arrive in the morning, organize your 1000 shelf (or whichever shelf has your first stops.) Check with your preloader (if they aren't under the influence of cannabis) to see if they put any packages anywhere different, especially large bulk stops.
2) Take a picture of your route off the Orion screen on your phone. Veterans may laugh at you but it helps to get the flow of the route when you're new.
3) Verify your business airs, unless you are a lucky POS and get a route with no air commits.
4) Verify your pickup times.
5) Verify your bulk.
6) Verify your high values or early AMs (if you have them)
7) For the love of God, don't forget to get EDD.

On the road.
1)
Don't spend too long wasting time looking for resis that your stoner preloader put in the wrong spot. Prioritize your businesses (unless the resis have early AM or air commits)
2) Use lunch time to sort your truck, preferably after you get all your big bulk businesses off. Can't stress this enough. If you get done early, use what's left of lunch time to continue delivering UNLESS your building demands you take your full lunch. Once you qualify, however, take your full lunch.
3) You cannot make up time driving like a maniac. I don't care what anyone else on BC says. Save time by sorting.
4) IF you have to break route for pickups or business commits, do it in a smart way. Example- Orion wants you to go to Trickling Dick Meadows, a large rural subdivision a mile from your pickups, then do your pickups, then do 15 resi stops out in the country. Let your ORS know you're going into the country first, then doing your commits/pickups then hitting Trickling Dick on your way out since you have 10 stops there that are all within about 2 blocks of each other.
5) If you have to use a GPS, fine, but wean yourself off of it by week 2 or 3.

Expect some late nights and some blood sweat and tears.
Good luck. Everyone on here did it at one point. Run like there's a hot chick in front of you and Mama June behind you, then after your 30 days, get paid.

If you run into trouble, page @Indecisi0n and he'll be sure to come take some bulk off of you.

Airwoman18

no. 6 weeks after I got back from school there was a full time driver position up. I bid and won. so I'm classified as a full time driver.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
With your Supervisor
1) Check with a sup to see if they know where you'll be going out so you can study some maps ahead of time.
2) Your ORS is supposed to go out with you for 3 days then you're on your own. Use that time wisely.
3) During those 3 days, if you remember to do anything, memorize where your businesses are. Make it a top priority.

In the AM.

1) When you arrive in the morning, organize your 1000 shelf (or whichever shelf has your first stops.) Check with your preloader (if they aren't under the influence of cannabis) to see if they put any packages anywhere different, especially large bulk stops.
2) Take a picture of your route off the Orion screen on your phone. Veterans may laugh at you but it helps to get the flow of the route when you're new.
3) Verify your business airs, unless you are a lucky POS and get a route with no air commits.
4) Verify your pickup times.
5) Verify your bulk.
6) Verify your high values or early AMs (if you have them)
7) For the love of God, don't forget to get EDD.

On the road.
1)
Don't spend too long wasting time looking for resis that your stoner preloader put in the wrong spot. Prioritize your businesses (unless the resis have early AM or air commits)
2) Use lunch time to sort your truck, preferably after you get all your big bulk businesses off. Can't stress this enough. If you get done early, use what's left of lunch time to continue delivering UNLESS your building demands you take your full lunch. Once you qualify, however, take your full lunch.
3) You cannot make up time driving like a maniac. I don't care what anyone else on BC says. Save time by sorting.
4) IF you have to break route for pickups or business commits, do it in a smart way. Example- Orion wants you to go to Trickling Dick Meadows, a large rural subdivision a mile from your pickups, then do your pickups, then do 15 resi stops out in the country. Let your ORS know you're going into the country first, then doing your commits/pickups then hitting Trickling Dick on your way out since you have 10 stops there that are all within about 2 blocks of each other.
5) If you have to use a GPS, fine, but wean yourself off of it by week 2 or 3.

Expect some late nights and some blood sweat and tears.
Good luck. Everyone on here did it at one point. Run like there's a hot chick in front of you and Mama June behind you, then after your 30 days, get paid.

If you run into trouble, page @Indecisi0n and he'll be sure to come take some bulk off of you.
Horrible advice.
Never work off the clock

Dr.Brownz

Horrible advice.
Never work off the clock
IF they are going to harass her about numbers, that is the best way to beat their system. As soon as she qualifies she needs to learn to take all paid breaks and full lunch everyday. It is a brutal game but it is the game UPS created for itself. I'm sure she won't become bitter and slow down even more if they harass her about numbers right??? Women tend to have less Machiavellian tendencies than men so I hope she see's this and takes this into consideration.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
IF they are going to harass her about numbers, that is the best way to beat their system. As soon as she qualifies she needs to learn to take all paid breaks and full lunch everyday. It is a brutal game but it is the game UPS created for itself. I'm sure she won't become bitter and slow down even more if they harass her about numbers right??? Women tend to have less Machiavellian tendencies than men so I hope she see's this and takes this into consideration.
Working off the clock is the best way to beat their numbers.....terrible advice

Last edited:

Airwoman18

yes. I'm aware of the game ups created. i hate it..I've been harassed about my loading numbers. so I expect the same b.s. except that I'm very good friends with union girl so we e already put them on blast.

Brisket

yes. I'm aware of the game ups created. i hate it..I've been harassed about my loading numbers. so I expect the same b.s. except that I'm very good friends with union girl so we e already put them on blast.

But remember that you still have to do everything (as long as it’s safe ) that they have you do to better yourself every day for 30 days, THEN still watch your back.