Qualifying.. numbers

El Correcto

god is dead
I will admit to coming in about an hour early to make sure my car is set up.

We have two drivers who come in at least 2 hours early.
giphy.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Great all these women want to bitch but what company puts food on their table. LEAVE if you don't like it. Just work hard dude and stay clean, don't listen to these losers. Goos luck

The company doesn't put food on my table, or provide me with anything. I produce for them, they compensate me for my productivity. It is a mutually beneficial relationship. Anyone who thinks the company provides them with anything should test their theory by failing to produce, see how long there is food on their table.

DRporch

Working off the clock is the best way to beat their numbers.....terrible advice

so in reality you're saying not to take the easiest way to beat their numbers when to quality you have to beat their numbers?

30 days of working through lunch wont kill em. dont bother taking a lunch thats a free 30min off scratch

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

so in reality you're saying not to take the easiest way to beat their numbers when to quality you have to beat their numbers?

30 days of working through lunch wont kill em. dont bother taking a lunch thats a free 30min off scratch

This may vary but in general you need to demonstrate that you can take a full lunch before they will qualify you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My centers could care less about you taking your lunch or not. i have to imagine most are the same. number numbers numbers

Even during qualifying? I can understand them ignoring the lunch issue for FT drivers but IMO you should be able to take a full lunch AND get the job done at or close to scratch.

DRporch

Even during qualifying? I can understand them ignoring the lunch issue for FT drivers but IMO you should be able to take a full lunch AND get the job done at or close to scratch.

i agree but for alot of new people/bid drivers its hard to come anywhere near scratch with a lunch. our management team will flat out tell you that taking ur lunch hurts you more then it helps during qualifing

Dr.Brownz

Do not deliver during lunch even during your qualifying period. You would not be the first to be dq'd and terminated for working off the clock.

Did I ever say deliver off the clock? NO I did not. Sort truck on lunch if you have to and skip paid breaks. Do whatever you have to do to qualify. After that UPS cannot touch you as long as you aren't stealing or lying or assaulting co-workers.

Dr.Brownz

It depends on the route. If you have a route where you have to break off to do scheduled pickups at a certain time, taking an hour of lunch vs. a half hour will definitely affect your total amount of on the clock working time. When I had that kind of route I always made sure to take a long lunch and all breaks before pickups to maximize hours, which lead to 20 stops going to the route next to me. No more apartments for me.