Qualifying.. numbers

brown_trousers

Why wouldnt you break the rules to qualify? I did. I spent 30+ days running faster than i should, organizing my car before start time, and skipping breaks.

Then after i qualified... i stopped

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Did I ever say deliver off the clock? NO I did not. Sort truck on lunch if you have to and skip paid breaks. Do whatever you have to do to qualify. After that UPS cannot touch you as long as you aren't stealing or lying or assaulting co-workers.

Wasn't replying to you. @Analbumcover mentioned delivering during lunch if allowed by your building. The problem is that you never know when they will change their standards. It was just a general warning. I agree that sorting during lunch can be helpful during qualifying, and, unless they are watching, they can't prove you are doing it.

DRporch

Incorrect.
Running scratch isn't required to qualify.
our center its not "technically" required but if in reality by the book its actually required but our center manager can just pass you along if he feels you can be good.

if beating scratch wasn't required then whats the point of qualifying if all i have to prove is i can take a lunch and break properly

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't be slow.
Don't forget to scan every package.
Don't hit anything.
Don't misdeliver anything.
Don't call out sick.
Don't forget to make 3 points of contact walking in/off truck.
Don't deliver a next day air after 10:30.
Don't get hurt.
Don't take too long sorting packages.
Don't stop complete a commercial next day saver after 3pm.
Don't get pulled over by the police.
Don't bother finding sales leads.
Don't run, walk at a brisk pace.
Don't be distracted while driving.
Don't miss any pickups.
Don't use your phone GPS to find EVERY stop.
Don't take lunch until you qualify.
Don't get stuck in driveways.
Don't fail to compete driver followups and call tags not in the diad.
Don't drive with your bulkhead door open.
Don't leave garbage in the package car at the end of the day.
Don't deliver closed commercial stops between noon and 1pm.
Don't drink too much soda and coffee.
Don't celebrate after your last stop, the green light will come on.
Don't forget to separate your air pickups and exception packages.

giphy.gif
Don't forget the do's....Union Dues.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Shouldn’t the advice be to set her up for a career. She won’t have a career if she doesn’t make it through the 30. Regardless of what we think of the profession, that isn’t the question asked. She wants to be a driver at UPS.

It’s very simple, during the 30 there’s some good advice here and do SAFELY what you need to do to get through. Come in early to make sure you are setup for the day, organize again through the day and stay organized. In my area you need to scratch before the 30 are up.

Once you get in then you can worry about working off the clock, it’s easy to berate others when you’re setup in this job, earning top rate. Listen to the Union advice once you actually have a secure position.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Shouldn’t the advice be to set her up for a career. She won’t have a career if she doesn’t make it through the 30. Regardless of what we think of the profession, that isn’t the question asked. She wants to be a driver at UPS.

It’s very simple, during the 30 there’s some good advice here and do SAFELY what you need to do to get through. Come in early to make sure you are setup for the day, organize again through the day and stay organized. In my area you need to scratch before the 30 are up.

Once you get in then you can worry about working off the clock, it’s easy to berate others when you’re setup in this job, earning top rate. Listen to the Union advice once you actually have a secure position.
Career...funny, good one!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've done it everyday for years (except 2 days a month when I have an 8 hour req in, then only a half hour)

What about your PAID breaks you have been giving away for 25 years? How much money did you give them back?

We get a 10 minute paid break and I normally spend mine sitting at one of my drop boxes.

Dr.Brownz

We get a 10 minute paid break and I normally spend mine sitting at one of my drop boxes.

You are foolish for using it like that. Doesn't your supplement/rider have something about when to take the break? We get 3 10 mins every day and the first one is between 11:00 and 11:30 everyday