Qualifying

thetee398

Everyday I check the charts to see if I make scratch. Yesterday I was 157 clicks over which is like 94 minutes. I did 17.84 stops an hour with 322 packages total. I got back at like 6:45 and I have pick ups at 5:10 and it’s a half drive back to the hub. So the earliest I can get off the clock is 5:45. How is making scratch possible?

There are a few things that can help.

1) If you spend time loading your truck in the morning, ask your on road if you can log that time as "other work."

2) If you unload any packages from your truck, record it in your diad. To record that information you will enter the number of packages into "unload" from the "inside building" screen.

3) You can always work through your brakes. I would never recommend this to anyone after they make seniority, but pre-seniority it helps with their stupid numbers. After making seniority, you should never have to look at those numbers again.

4) Ask for RDO instead of Orion. My center allows newer drivers RDO because Orion is confusing for people starting out...well, confusing for everyone.

Also, you might not be able to scratch yet depending on how many days you have been driving. They typically start you out with fewer stops, which makes it more difficult to scratch. The later on in pre-seniority, the more work they add to the truck, which makes it easier to reach their production targets.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Everyday I check the charts to see if I make scratch. Yesterday I was 157 clicks over which is like 94 minutes. I did 17.84 stops an hour with 322 packages total. I got back at like 6:45 and I have pick ups at 5:10 and it’s a half drive back to the hub. So the earliest I can get off the clock is 5:45. How is making scratch possible?

Don't worry about running scratch.

Make service on all pkgs, don't miss any pickups, get injured, or crash the truck.

If they try and DQ you for not running scratch.... file a grievance.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You can always work through your brakes. I would never recommend this to anyone after they make seniority, but pre-seniority it helps with their stupid numbers.

If you mean "sorting" the truck.... OK.

But, if you are logging breaks and then recording deliveries or pickups in the

DIAD.... that's the quickest way to get DQ'ed.

Snack

I recently qualified, and I had the same concerns.

Stay safe and don’t have service failures. If they like you they will qualify you even if you don’t make scratch.

TopsyKrets

$41.51
As previously stated, if they like you, they'll qualify you regardless. What that means is; show up early in a good mood "yes sir no sir", no whining or complaining, no late commits, no missed pickups. Show management your heart is in it. My boss made sure I could scratch or bonus all while coding out a full hour lunch and not recording during that hour. My trick was to code out ANY downtime, even for a 5 minute restroom break. Run hard, yes like a rabbit but do not record in travel or in idle. No seat belt or back firsts. Once the 31st punch on diad, you're in like flint. Do your best, if you've made it this far, you're likely to make seniority if you do these things.

Good luck, I know it's stressful.

8000Shelf

Unless they really don't like you they will look they other way during qualification period. I mean why wouldn't they... Free labor.
However if the OP wants to be extra safe you are correct... Take break while sorting truck or even driving.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Get the same amount of work done in that time frame, but take a full hour lunch. You can use some of it to sort your truck to make it perfect so the rest of the stops come off faster. It'll will also eat up any down time you might have before that last pick up. Ask your ORS what your target sporh is, honestly, almost 18 sporh should be scratching, depending on how much business you have.

thetee398

There are a few things that can help.

1) If you spend time loading your truck in the morning, ask your on road if you can log that time as "other work."

2) If you unload any packages from your truck, record it in your diad. To record that information you will enter the number of packages into "unload" from the "inside building" screen.

3) You can always work through your brakes. I would never recommend this to anyone after they make seniority, but pre-seniority it helps with their stupid numbers. After making seniority, you should never have to look at those numbers again.

4) Ask for RDO instead of Orion. My center allows newer drivers RDO because Orion is confusing for people starting out...well, confusing for everyone.

Also, you might not be able to scratch yet depending on how many days you have been driving. They typically start you out with fewer stops, which makes it more difficult to scratch. The later on in pre-seniority, the more work they add to the truck, which makes it easier to reach their production targets.
Appreciate that. Yesterday went over only 65 because I had way more stops.

Zowert

You won’t make scratch every day. I only did it on my training route a handful of times and I still qualified. The most important thing is to not hit anything. After that, no late air or service failures. It’s been said before, if they like you you’ll qualify.

Stawzy

how is it possible to even record a delivery or pick up if your DIAD is on a break. You'd have to push end meal to even scan a package.