Quandary......ON TOPIC

What would you do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That isn't exactly a compliment.
You've admitted that you have been in one location your whole career and state everything you know about Fedex as if it is the same company wide. I've been in 8 locations, and know better than to assume that what happens where I am is the same everywhere else. I know better. YOU on the other hand, won't listen to what anyone else says because it isn't the same where you are. That's what I meant by that comment.

Oldfart

You've admitted that you have been in one location your whole career and state everything you know about Fedex as if it is the same company wide. I've been in 8 locations, and know better than to assume that what happens where I am is the same everywhere else. I know better. YOU on the other hand, won't listen to what anyone else says because it isn't the same where you are. That's what I meant by that comment.
Find 1 post I have made commenting about how station procedure at other locations should compare to mine, except to say how we do it. I know nothing about any station except for mine. I am grateful my station is the way it is. The SM looks out for us and makes sure our managers do the same. The SM before him did the same. I will make comments about company procedure and company benefits. Those are company wide. I don't recall making 1 post when someone has complained about a station procedure, except again to say how we do it. I have no idea how other managers and other stations treat their employees. I do know the benefits and policies that many complain about are for the most part, the same benefits and policies that every DGO employee has to follow. Some are gonna complain no matter what they are paid per hour, what the medical premium or deductible is. MFE will never be happy no matter what happens and why people like him don't take their vast skills somewhere else is odd.

vantexan

Find 1 post I have made commenting about how station procedure at other locations should compare to mine, except to say how we do it. I know nothing about any station except for mine. I am grateful my station is the way it is. The SM looks out for us and makes sure our managers do the same. The SM before him did the same. I will make comments about company procedure and company benefits. Those are company wide. I don't recall making 1 post when someone has complained about a station procedure, except again to say how we do it. I have no idea how other managers and other stations treat their employees. I do know the benefits and policies that many complain about are for the most part, the same benefits and policies that every DGO employee has to follow. Some are gonna complain no matter what they are paid per hour, what the medical premium or deductible is. MFE will never be happy no matter what happens and why people like him don't take their vast skills somewhere else is odd.
I was at $18.17hr after almost 15 years. Should I be happy with that? I was given a choice to stay in the traditional pension which I chose to do. I eventually was forced into the portable pension anyways. Should I be happy with that? I was repeatedly lied to by mgrs when transferring about the nature of the open rt, the hours I would work, the duties I'd be required to do. One even lied about the location of his open route to get me to move to that location. All of this cost me my personal money. Should I be happy about that? I get your loyalty. Glad it worked for you. But don't assume you know how it is for everyone cause when you say we have nothing to complain about that's exactly what you are assuming.

Oldfart

I was at $18.17hr after almost 15 years. Should I be happy with that? I was given a choice to stay in the traditional pension which I chose to do. I eventually was forced into the portable pension anyways. Should I be happy with that? I was repeatedly lied to by mgrs when transferring about the nature of the open rt, the hours I would work, the duties I'd be required to do. One even lied about the location of his open route to get me to move to that location. All of this cost me my personal money. Should I be happy about that? I get your loyalty. Glad it worked for you. But don't assume you know how it is for everyone cause when you say we have nothing to complain about that's exactly what you are assuming.
You mainly referenced local issues. I have no knowledge of station based issues. Renegade managers are always a problem, then when they get brought down, they wonder why. You brought up pay scales. Again, I have no idea what others make. I get called out because I don't ask others what they make or what range they are in. That is not my style. I never ask others what they make, what they paid for something or how much money they have. I have no idea what any of my siblings or friends make unless they tell me. 3 things I don't discuss with friends or family. Money, politics and religion. I am sorry it takes so long to top out, even if I have no idea how long that is. I still think most people don't understand the benefits the Portable gives over the Traditional but that is for another day. I am sorry MFE insist the Portable is not a pension, but he is a maroon. I bet he wont turn down that 6 figure payout when he retires. If it were up to me we would all be topped out, all make $35 and hour and all pay $1 insurance premium. That isn't gonna happen and no matter how many times people bitch about it, it still won't happen. That is why my broken record speech about you should just leave the company if you feel like you can make more and have better benefits elsewhere. Bitching about it on here every minute of everyday isn't gonna change anything.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You mainly referenced local issues. I have no knowledge of station based issues. Renegade managers are always a problem, then when they get brought down, they wonder why. You brought up pay scales. Again, I have no idea what others make. I get called out because I don't ask others what they make or what range they are in. That is not my style. I never ask others what they make, what they paid for something or how much money they have. I have no idea what any of my siblings or friends make unless they tell me. 3 things I don't discuss with friends or family. Money, politics and religion. I am sorry it takes so long to top out, even if I have no idea how long that is. I still think most people don't understand the benefits the Portable gives over the Traditional but that is for another day. I am sorry MFE insist the Portable is not a pension, but he is a maroon. I bet he wont turn down that 6 figure payout when he retires. If it were up to me we would all be topped out, all make $35 and hour and all pay $1 insurance premium. That isn't gonna happen and no matter how many times people bitch about it, it still won't happen. That is why my broken record speech about you should just leave the company if you feel like you can make more and have better benefits elsewhere. Bitching about it on here every minute of everyday isn't gonna change anything.

For those with a brain, the Portable is not a pension at all. For the sane, a pension means a defined benefit provided at regularly scheduled time, as in monthly.

Your PPA is an annuity. That is what the "A" stands for.

If I'm a "maroon", you're in real trouble.

Oldfart

For those with a brain, the Portable is not a pension at all. For the sane, a pension means a defined benefit provided at regularly scheduled time, as in monthly.

Because you hate the thought of the Portable, will you tell them to donate your 6 figure payout to charity?

Oldfart

Seems to me you are the under achiever. You said that you had 2 college degrees and I only had a GED. We both have the same job title. What does they say about you. I guess you are a dip :censored2: if you can't do any better than me in life.

Oldfart

As usual, you continue to tells lies because you are a sad, bitter person.

From Wiki
A pension is a fund into which a sum of money is added during an employee's employment years, and from which payments are drawn to support the person's retirement from work in the form of periodic payments. A pension may be a "defined benefit plan" where a fixed sum is paid regularly to a person, or a "defined contribution plan" under which a fixed sum is invested and then becomes available at retirement age.[

I glanced over to the current events forum. Them fella over there call you out on a regular basis because of your lies and negative post. Seems like you are disliked by FDX and UPS employees. Bummer

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As usual, you continue to tells lies because you are a sad, bitter person.

From Wiki
A pension is a fund into which a sum of money is added during an employee's employment years, and from which payments are drawn to support the person's retirement from work in the form of periodic payments. A pension may be a "defined benefit plan" where a fixed sum is paid regularly to a person, or a "defined contribution plan" under which a fixed sum is invested and then becomes available at retirement age.[

I glanced over to the current events forum. Them fella over there call you out on a regular basis because of your lies and negative post. Seems like you are disliked by FDX and UPS employees. Bummer

Sigh. Not a pension.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
In your opinion. In every business periodical you read, it IS a form of pension.

Never answered my question. Are you gonna decline that Portable Pension you speak so poorly of?

No. I'll take every cent that I can get from Fred. The PPA is an annuity, plain and simple. If you want to call it a "pension", it's your fantasy. Your new avatar looks like an orange snowflake. Maybe it's the wispy edges of the comb-over.

vantexan

We're on here relaying our experiences to call the company out on their actions. What they did affected people's lives, their families, their future. And if you're happy with the portable pension, fine. But it in no way replaces what we would've had with the traditional pension. They should have kept their promises and at least let those who chose to stay on the traditional get their 25 in before putting them on the portable. Pensions and pay aren't local, they're a company wide issue. And you've worked with people who've had to endure doing without and with nowhere to go because of a suck economy. Have a little empathy because all we ever get from you is I got mine and the rest of you should be happy no matter what you got or what the company did to you.

Oldfart

No. I'll take every cent that I can get from Fred. The PPA is an annuity, plain and simple. If you want to call it a "pension", it's your fantasy. Your new avatar looks like an orange snowflake. Maybe it's the wispy edges of the comb-over.
Most every business publication and website call it a form of pension. I figured a genius like you and your TWO college degrees have the ability to read. You said all I have is a GED, yet you and I share job titles. Like I said, you have definitely under achieved if we both have the same job. No wonder you are so bitter. Life and success has passed you by while people with less education keeps up with you and in some instances, passed you by.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Most every business publication and website call it a form of pension. I figured a genius like you and your TWO college degrees have the ability to read. You said all I have is a GED, yet you and I share job titles. Like I said, you have definitely under achieved if we both have the same job. No wonder you are so bitter. Life and success has passed you by while people with less education keeps up with you and in some instances, passed you by.

I make quite a bit more from real estate than FedEx, where I am PT. Life hasn't passed me by, and I live very comfortably. I don't consider my work at FedEx an achievement at all, rather a mistake in placing unfounded faith in Mr. Smith.

My career is and has been as a real estate broker, not an RTD. For quite awhile.

dezguy

You brought up pay scales. Again, I have no idea what others make. I get called out because I don't ask others what they make or what range they are in. That is not my style. I never ask others what they make, what they paid for something or how much money they have.

Give me a break!

You may not ask what other you work with, make but you know damn well the younger guys and girls don't have it and will never have it as good as you do. You know damn well there are guys and gals who are making $10+ less/hour than you.

No one EVER called you out for not asking what others are making or what range they're in. People call you out because you think burying your head in the sand and telling people to be happy to work for FedEx based on what you have.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I have a huge issue with the way FedEx treats it's employees, and it makes me incredibly angry to deal with a company stooge like Dano who perpetuates their lies and misinformation. To be aligned with that program makes one both repugnant and disreputable.

He deserves zero respect from me or anyone else who works for FedEx. Go back and read some of his posts, Very pro-employee...not.

The only reason I give you any grief at all is because I know it makes you incredibly angry and I think it's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.